Malware or other viruses changing settings

ok thank you, it just made me curious reading that article. And made me wonder where they got that information from about that

I will add this. When I said that you should treat this as any other network, I was not joking. You should always watch for malicious files, regardless of how many people approve of them. You can and will be infected by files that you did not think could hurt you, only those programs will cause other problems than what you where asking about.

Long story short, please be careful as you can still get hurt by the most innocent looking things. Any software developer could tell you that, but please take this from someone whom fixes malware issues for free. I do what I do because I love it. And that means that I have seen a lot.

I have to admit I used Limewire in the past and I never had my settings changed but Dragoes is right, you have to be very careful of what you download. ;)

Well I haven't got it. I was just asking if that was true that certain malware existed. But apparently it isn't a very common thing.

Being that you've asked this a few times I'm going to gess your limewire install got messed up?

The simple answer is yes it's possible. A hacker would need either access to your PC (physical or through a vulnerability in your OS) or a very specifically designed malware program to go in and mess with the settings. The odds of either of these happening are very very slim to the point of being non-existent as hackers skilled enough to do this, are going after bigger more profitable targets.

Back
Top Bottom