My nephew got DWI tonight

My mother who is elderly doesn't have cable.She has a 27" digital lcd tv and doesn't have a converter box.The tv pulls in digital and analog channels.She gets 54 channels, and she is very happy with that.

*DISCLAIMER* NOTHING PERSONAL - TO ANYONE - ANY WHERE

We got these Lenovo Yoga's in at work (when I used to manage that team) and a few were defective right out of the box. No matter how many times you fixed or repaired them, the same thing happened. After the second failed attempt, I called Lenovo and sent their defective product back to them.

Now, people say that the death penalty is no deterrent to violent crime. I say hogwash. If a criminal gets a short sentence, old habits die hard.

For example, what's the point of sentencing a pedophile to a month in the slammer? He might die, sure, but if not he's back out and looking for prey. Sexual orientation is about as much of a choice as your race. In my mind, that's a defective product and should be sent back. Sure, death isn't a fix all, but it sure is a 'stop that guy for good' measure.

Sure, go on and spout countless arguments about wrongful imprisonment and yada yada, but to make an omelet, you gotta be willing to break a couple eggs.

How this relates; I'm sorry but a large part of me hopes he'll get the book thrown at him. And by book I mean chair.

A close friend of mine's family was killed by a hit and run drunk driver. Wife and kid are now dead and he slipped into a bottle.

My wife's uncle ran a man over in a crosswalk, killing the pedestrian... in a crosswalk... on his fourth DUI. His lawyer got him off with only public service and probation, and he's doing everything he can to get that fifth one.

Who we are is not what defines us, it's what we do that matters. Repeat offenders should have an end put to their careless disregard of others.

Again, nothing personal and these are just my personal opinions... so they really mean nothing in the grand scheme of things.

Last edited:
Oh I agree. My nephew is a dip stick that need to put in chains. He didn't care how he hurt others and now that he is in deep doodoo he's expecting us to get him out of this mess.

Know what I said to him? I told him that he knew what he was doing (that's driving drunk) so man up and take your medicine. Just be glad you didn't kill someone on the street YET!

I sure hope your nephew learns to take life seriously before he ends up taking someones life.And that is something that he will have to deal with the rest of his life.

Back
Top Bottom