Looks like I'm getting a dash cam

Now that's what I call jamming....thanks Celery for sharing that audio file with us. You are pretty good on the guitar. ;)

Thanks. :)

It was recorded with a computer mike so the quality ain't that good but it was fun.
Here's another, both of them were Grand Funk Railroad songs but I don't sing, I just play.

In fact, back in the 60s I was was an instrumentalist in a Surf Intro band.

We were The Brazen Men. :D

Last edited:
Ok, so as much as I talked about not seeing the need for one, I ran across this one and decided to buy it since it was cheap enough ($15) that if I ended throwing it away I wasn't out much.

dash_cam.jpg

Amazon.com: 2.5-inch HD Car LED IR Vehicle DVR Road Dash Video Camera Recorder Traffic Dashboard Camcorder - LCD 270 degrees whirl: Electronics

I'm sure it's not as nice as the one that Celery got, but like I said it was cheap. Works surprisingly well once I figured out the instructions which are written in chinglish.

Last edited:
What was hardest to figure out was that when I plugged the USB cable into my computer, the camera no longer worked. I finally realized that plugging it into a computer puts it into USB drive mode where the SD card shows up as a drive in Windows so you can watch or copy your videos. When in that mode, the camera is shut off. However, plugging it into a USB wall charger, powers the unit and lets you use the camera at the same time.

Last edited:
If you have the camera turned on before you plugged in the USB it'll serve as a power source like the one in your car.

With the camera turned off it'll act as a drive.

At least that's what mine does. :)

Hmm... does yours have a battery?

Last edited:
It doesn't work the same as yours but now that I figured out how it works I'm good with it.

Yes, mine has a battery. Not sure how long it will power the thing though.

Most of the reviews on Amazon talk about how great the thing is for as cheap as it is. I am surprised at what it can do considering the price. It can set for 2, 5 or 15 minute loops. You can set vga, 720p or 1080p for the vid quality. By default it starts recording as soon as you turn it on but can be set to record only when it senses motion.

Only thing really crappy about it so far is the audio playback on the unit itself. The crappy little speaker sounds horrible but the audio is nice and clear when played back on the computer.

For both of your cams, how clear are license plates when you play the video back?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Computer Forums mobile app

I've not tried mine in the car yet as I still have a cast on my foot (2 months so far with another month to go) so can't drive.

I'll try to test it in my son's car the next time he takes me somewhere.

Mine shows it pretty good but when there's motion there's gonna be a little blur.

Back
Top Bottom