Vanishing Emails

harry37

Beta member
Hi all I'm new to the forum, I'm in my third childhood ( I don't know what happened to the second !!). I'm having trouble with my MS outlook mail, I thought when you deleted an email it went into the DELETED folder. After reading them I deleted a couple of emails by mistake and went to the DELETED folder to recover them but lo and behold there was no sign of them, there were plenty of others :D I did look on Google and found an article which told me to go to TOOLS and find RECOVERY I looked but there wasn't one. I suspect I've got something setup wrong. I'd be very grateful if somebody could help
Regards
Harry :mad:

Hi all I'm new to the forum, I'm in my third childhood ( I don't know what happened to the second !!). I'm having trouble with my MS outlook mail, I thought when you deleted an email it went into the DELETED folder. After reading them I deleted a couple of emails by mistake and went to the DELETED folder to recover them but lo and behold there was no sign of them, there were plenty of others :D I did look on Google and found an article which told me to go to TOOLS and find RECOVERY I looked but there wasn't one. I suspect I've got something setup wrong. I'd be very grateful if somebody could help
Regards
Harry :mad:

If your using POP3 the emails will still exist in your inbox if you login through you browser. If your using IMAP they'll be in your deleted folder again connecting through your browser.

There may be a auto delete function that dumps your mails as a timed event like Google does. Look in the settings for one.

Back
Top Bottom