Crap medical treatement plus a rant...

Draygoes

Fully Optimized
I am so angry and upset at the same time.
When I grew up, I was told that this place was the land of the free, and the home of the brave. Well, I am brave, but I have no idea about free.

I was back in the hospital around 6 days ago, and they told me that I had one type of infection.

I recently went back because said infection was not better. The doc said to go back if anything got worse. I did.

I am now taking 2 and am nearly done with both of the anti-biotics.
Kill me now!

I am trying to be around as much as I can, but I am not sure what is wrong, or how to fix it. If I had money or insurance, this would be different.

Does anyone here know anything about... well groin infections? Because I have been in twice and I am about to try with all of my heart to find an expert.

It Freaken hurts! :confused::peace:

What the hell Draygoes?

You can get help. Try to apply for Carelink.

Last edited:
Not at all. I went through it before I got my SSI and Medicaid. I needed it.

You go through all that one time so they can figure how much you pay per month.

Me, I paid 26 cents a month (no joke) as I didn't have a job.

I was using MOs to pay that 26 cents and the MOs were 79 cents. I figured WHT am I paying more than my premium to remit so I taped a quarter and a penny to the bill and paid that way.

I didn't get any more bills. :D

I used Grady Memorial in Atlanta to get my cataract surgery done. $16,000usd worth of lens replacement surgery and all follow up visits and it didn't cost me a dime. Not one. The young doctor was very knowledgeable and his bedside manner was excellent. Matter of fact the whole hospital staff I dealt with was very nice and knew their stuff.

I call it the poor mans program. My income due to the surgery was zip and that was what they used to figure if I qualified or not. Grady is a teaching hospital and in my eyes they are doing a great job.

Mine was an university hospital and lots of excellent doctors in there. One time I was being x-rayed for my lower back pains when a doctor called a doctor to come in. He came and looked at the x-rays and said ok, I got it.

I had no idea what he was talking about but they sent me into a therapy room. The doc popped my lower back and a joint (hip) in my groin area. That was a trip. :)

My wife had twin baby girls (13 weeks premature) delivered at Stanford University hospital by student Drs. IMO, they were both arrogant and incompetent at the same time. It's too long of a story to tell here but I ended up reading them the riot act regarding how they handled the situation and they apologized to my wife and I profusely.

I personally avoid going to "teaching" hospitals for treatment.

Get insurance or you will incur a penalty. Obamacare is nice and cheap. Always have insurance my friend. Always. As for teaching hospitals I'm a soon to be vet student and teaching vet hospitals are phenomenal and often cheaper than other hospitals due to having university funding. I guess human hospitals are a little different haha

Back
Top Bottom