Sickening

It's BS. What about those .358 Rvolvers, what about the .50 cal pistols such as desert eagles. And how many cops have been killed by .223? my point exactly. Banning one type of bullet to "save cops lives" is the dumbest thing i've ever heard. A, there are so many other bullets that even if you have a bullet proof vest, that wouldn't stop the killer from shooting the cop in the face?? Also, if a criminal wants to shoot someone with .223, they are CRIMINALS, they WILL find a way to get that ammo. Criminals generally don't kill people with registered guns / ammo, so a ban is utterly pointless. It's just another way to kill the freedom of America, that's all it is.

I personally completely support the current UK legislation which basically says we can't walk around with a gun, even for self-defence.

You might say it's obvious who you can shoot... but who makes the judgement whether you have the right to shoot at somebody? Sure, shooting at somebody is fine if they've shot at you, or they're coming at you with a knife... but what if they just have attitude, or they simply shove you? Would you be able to control your anger and not use your gun?

A complete weapons ban would be easier to enforce than an ammo ban, so they should just do that.

Hell no. There were days where EVERYONE walked around with guns and those were the LOWEST crime rate days. It baffles me to no end, we get more and more gun laws, more restrictions, harder to get them, and the crime rate keeps on going up and up. The saying " well if someone walks around with a gun they might shoot someone for no reason " is the dumbest and biggest load of nonsense to date. Do some research, check how many people with a CCW, or even people who open carry legally here in the state, check how many of THOSE shot people. They don't! These people who open carry or concealed carry legally do not shoot other people unless it is to save someones life. It just doesn't really happen. You can find that the vast majority of all shootings are done by criminals and with illegal guns. Banning guns ONLY makes innocent people not be able to defend themselves. If you ban guns say in Detroit, the crime rate will go up 100%. Because now all the gangs that have illegal guns will be able to go to any house when just normal people live and shoot them to crap because they could not defend themselves anymore. Gun ban is literally the worst idea the world has ever had.

Hell no. There were days where EVERYONE walked around with guns and those were the LOWEST crime rate days. It baffles me to no end, we get more and more gun laws, more restrictions, harder to get them, and the crime rate keeps on going up and up. The saying " well if someone walks around with a gun they might shoot someone for no reason " is the dumbest and biggest load of nonsense to date. Do some research, check how many people with a CCW, or even people who open carry legally here in the state, check how many of THOSE shot people. They don't! These people who open carry or concealed carry legally do not shoot other people unless it is to save someones life. It just doesn't really happen. You can find that the vast majority of all shootings are done by criminals and with illegal guns. Banning guns ONLY makes innocent people not be able to defend themselves. If you ban guns say in Detroit, the crime rate will go up 100%. Because now all the gangs that have illegal guns will be able to go to any house when just normal people live and shoot them to crap because they could not defend themselves anymore. Gun ban is literally the worst idea the world has ever had.

It works in the UK because of how long weapons have been banned. They've been illegal for a long time so there seem to be far less around.

And wrong. A gun ban is not the worst idea in the world, the worst idea in the world is the idea that shooting somebody would somehow make your life better.

Now back to reality...

The days when many carried a gun were the days of highest crime, not lowest. The US states with the most LAX gun laws are the states with the HIGHEST crime rates, predominately the southern states.

Countries like the UK, Japan, South Korea which have banned guns have very low crime rates.

BTW, the ban on that ammo was proposed by the ATF, not Obama.

It works in the UK because of how long weapons have been banned. They've been illegal for a long time so there seem to be far less around.

And wrong. A gun ban is not the worst idea in the world, the worst idea in the world is the idea that shooting somebody would somehow make your life better.

No, banning guns kills millions of people, 1 guy shooting someone to make his life better, that's 1 person. Not 1 million.

The US states with the most LAX gun laws are the states with the HIGHEST crime rates, predominately the southern states.

Can you prove that? I'd point you to New York State and then Chicago as a city - very very hard gun laws yet easily the most violent regions. I'd rather be in the bad parts of down-town Milwaukee (where our gun laws are more lax than Chicago) than be in the "good" parts of Chicago.

Back
Top Bottom