Looking for a riding mower

That one does look better than the Murray from Walmart. I like Craftsman stuff. Before I bought the John Deere I had a Craftsman GT 18 tractor, 18hp with a 36" mowing deck. That thing was a beast. I used it for 16 years then sold it used for $300. It still started and ran great. The guy that bought it was real happy with the deal.

Last edited:
What I thought then I read about how Sears are crappy with CS when it comes to warranty work and getting parts.

Also I've learned that Sears closing down tons of stores.

Sigh, back to the drawing board but then I'm looking at Troy-Built for the same price and I think they're sticking around.

I was at Walmart today because I wanted to sit on them Murrays but they don't stock 'em in stores. Has to be ordered online and pick up at store.

While I was there I looked at the push mowers and they have the new models, seeing that they have plastic gas tanks and streamlined styling. My mower which is only 3 years old or maybe two I don't remember it but has a metal tank and it rusts on the inside. It's because of ethanol in the gas and I've cleaned the carb so many times that now I think it's all plugged up with rust. I can't get it to stay running anymore.

I might end up getting a good push mower now that they are made for 10% ethanol. That had me thinking that my mower were old stock that they need to sell off knowing that it can't handle 10% ethanol so call me a sucker because I bought it. :rolleyes:

I'm hoping to get a rider somehow because I have lower back pains so I can't walk too much. The push mower is the last resort and my grass is overgrown already. Last month I paid someone $50 to cut it and I can't save money if I'm going to keep paying.

By the way, where's the heck are the kids who wants to make soda money? I used to do that when I was a kid. I was making some money every two weeks cutting a few yards.

Kids nowadays, bah. :lol:

You could always run an ad in the paper targeted towards teens who want to make an extra little money while your looking for a mower. You could pay them $25 and i'm sure they would be happy with that.

Also if you want you could get one of those push mowers that have automatic front wheels that engage that pull you along making it really easy to mow the grass. We have a mower like that and it pracically pulls you along. Those kind of mowers make it real easy to mow the yard.

Yeah I could but it doesn't matter if the mower is self propelled or not, walking kills me.

By the way our yardman is back from out of town so it's getting cut this weekend.

This is what he's gonna be facing. :lol:

Attachments

• S5030359.jpg
    S5030359.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 4
  • S5030360.jpg
    S5030360.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 3
  • S5030361.jpg
    S5030361.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Even a riding mower is going to have a tough time with thick Johnson grass. You have to keep that knocked down to about 2 inches year round.

And if you're like me and like to fly models, like my latest quad creation, it just blows when it rains about the time you get finished putting it together. So much for that.

Back
Top Bottom