Having trouble after upgrading hardware

woodywoody

Solid State Member
So I upgraded some hardware in my Pc(new motherboard, CPU, and 8gb single ram stick.) The issue in having is well when it goes into sleep mode and even when I shut it down my keyboard and mouse are still lit up I'm stumped. Tried unplugging to new USB ports also checking and re applying cables on the motherboard shud I be concerned? If u need specs just ask I'll post them

Sent from my SM-N910T using Computer Forums mobile app

It is most likely that your computer power settings are doing this. Every computer can be set to go to sleep after a certain amount of time. Go to: Control panel -> System and Security -> Power options -> change when the computer sleeps OR Power options -> ( itll say "Preferred plans and under it you will have "balanced" selected. ) Click on "Change plan settings " and in there you will see how long it takes for your computer to go on sleep. It will be set at 2 hours. Change it to never if you don't want it to go to sleep all the time. That should fix that problem. As for the keyboard lights staying on, i'm not sure. It might just be how that keyboard is. Can you post a link to it?

Look in the bios for a "wake on" list. I'd bet there is a wake on keyboard input and wake on mouse movement. That would have to keep them powered up even though the rest is off or gone to sleep.

Before I swapped the motherboard the keyboard and mouse light always turned off

That means nothing, you have a new mobo with its own BIOS and it's in default settings.

Ok Thx for info just making sure Nothings broke

Motherboards often come with a charging function. Even when the PC is off, you can plug your phone into the PC and it will charge.

Yeah! My desk rig has 4 of those. They stay on even when I shut the rig down from the OS. They're yellow so you know which ones they are. On mine anyway.

Back
Top Bottom