Help with my Browser

Normal

Solid State Member
Hi there so I use IE as my browser and I have a problem with it. It was working fine until I got a blue screen and I had to restart my computer, anyways here is the problem.

The problem is that when I open a NEW TAB(the red circle) it ALWAYS opens the FREQUENT PAGE. Before I would click NEW TAB(the red circle) and it always took me to google.ca, but it doesn't anymore. I checked Tools > internet options, the home page is set to google.ca, BUT IT DOESN'T TAKE ME THERE.

Why is this happen it was fine until I got a blue screen and I restarted my computer. How do I fix this? Thank You!

Attachments

• page.jpg
    page.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 9
Try clearing your cache. And also when you go to tools and homepage etc, make sure that you DELETE all other options so there is only the option to go to google. Sometimes others over run it. If that fails just do a system restore back till the date it worked fine. :)

Try clearing your cache. And also when you go to tools and homepage etc, make sure that you DELETE all other options so there is only the option to go to google. Sometimes others over run it. If that fails just do a system restore back till the date it worked fine. :)

I tried system restore and it failed. What can I do next?

I tried system restore and it failed. What can I do next?

Hmmm... Don't ya hate it when these issues arise..? Well is it possible that IE updated without you knowing sometimes and so that changed? If all fails personally I'd delete IE and re DL and install again and try it out then. If not check for an older version maybe.. Anyone else have an idea? I'm stumped at this point if nothing works. Sorry hope it works soon though :)

You can change that in "tapped browsing settings". You get to that by clicking the "tap" button in the internet option window. In that window you can find a section called "when a new tap opens. open:". In the dropdown menu choose "your first home page"
Done

Restore your system using windows cd or dvd..blue screen migth be hardware or software issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Forums

My advice is to restore the system using restore point before the internet explorer was corupted. Before restoring it desable your antivirus.

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Forums

Back
Top Bottom