removing and reinstalling windows 8.1

bingo on the mouse settings. that is back to normal. i guess the big problem is that i cant get online. the computer settings say that getting online is not available. i hope this doesnt mean downloading a driver which would be impossible. is there any way to get back to the original operating system, windows 7, which came on the computer. i have already contacted the work center that gave me the computer and they have no cds or product keys. help!

radome

A VPN (Virtual Private Network) is a way a company sets up a more secure connection between a remote computer and it's internal network. If you will be using that PC for work remotely and connecting to your company's VPN, then you need the VPN software, otherwise you can delete it.

However, I don't think it is the reason why you can't get online since you need to be online first before you can establish a connection to the VPN.

that explains that. what should i see in the device manager that indicates i can get online?
i just noticed that in the device manager under network adapters there are 9 wide area network drivers listed. i did not do that. all i did was upload windows 8.1 pro from a usb drive. i have the drive but do not have the media creation tool on it. do i need to recreate this media creation tool on another computer and reinstall on the one i am having problems with. if so, how?

Back
Top Bottom