To the ComputerForums Group back in 2007-2008

NEED WOW NOW

Daemon Poster
Not sure if any of you guys are still here and still active/lurking but I just want to say a big thanks to this forum! Names like Celgorm, Thelis, Setishock, and others I can't possibly remember after all these years >_>

Lil background:
My username has a story behind it that defined me on the path that I have taken today. When I was 12-13, my WoW account was hacked. Back in 2007 , I was devastated and wanted to buy a new computer because that was the cause. *Note, I had a Gateway PC that was not Hardware compatible with Windows XP SP2 - The biggest security patch Microsoft released of a OS.

I had heard from a neighbor that building one yourself could be cheaper. Well, I researched and joined this forum asking for help. Little did I know that this would carry on 8 years down the road!

Here's the post of my FIRST PC build: http://www.computerforums.org/forums/hardware/finally-going-get-my-new-parts-164714.html

I remember it totaling up to be around $1,200 (Ha, it would go for 200 now >_>). I built my first computer as I became a freshman in High School.

This interest in building computers didn't stop there. I helped out around the forums, kept up with information about computers etc. Decided to go to college and study to be a Computer Engineer. And now, after 4 years at New Jersey Institute of Technology NJIT, I am going to be graduating with a Bachelors in Computer Engineering!

I actually logged in just to check dates of when my computer interest first started but figured I would post a thanks/neat-o. It was this site that helped me facilitate my interest in computers!

Kinda weird how by a simple hacker hacking my stuff in World of Warcraft would put me on a Computer Engineering career path . . . Should thank that lil Chinese dude! Luls :D

Should thank that lil Chinese dude!
It's weird how opportunity can come knocking in the most unlikely of places!

Fantastic that you could start a journey here 8 years ago that leads to a degree!

Look Ma! Someone remembers me! I told you I was cool!

Haha welcome back man, it's been a while!

I've only been here a while but pleased to meet ya. :)

I was a Commodore 64 diehard and I learned assembly language along with extended basic and wrote games on it. In fact I sold one to Compute! magazine.

As C64/C128 was dying out I refused to let go. My friend bought me an IBM 286 system with a green monitor. I looked at the box and the monochrome monitor and said to my friend WTF is this contraption ?? :lol:

He said IBM PC is in so get used to it.

The rest is history.

Look Ma! Someone remembers me! I told you I was cool!

Sigh... sorry cele, I know this might hurt, but I paid him $10 to add your name in there... his response was something like "That [expletive] son of a [expletive], make it $10 and I'll even say he helped"

I know you didn't want to know, and the guys told me not to say anything, but... I mean... it's not like we want you getting a false sense of acceptance either.

And welcome back :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom