2TB Memory Stick

Status
Not open for further replies.

bombardier

Beta member
so I have lately bought a memory stick from eBay described as 2TB. I did not really need it, but I was fascinated about the size. I am having issue now that every time I copy some sample files such as some TV series or large bunk of photos, then always some of it is corrupted.

I have tried formatting the memory stick to different file systems: exFAT, NTFS, but it did not help. Is there any way to make it usable, so that most of the files will not get corrupted while copying? Do you have any ideas about what is happening or how to bypass it? I am also not sure what feedback leave to the seller on eBay

2000GB / 2TB Silver USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Thumb Key Stick Pen Storage Disk | eBay

I don't see what your problem is. You were scammed. Give the seller negative feedback and try to get your money back. I don't think you stand much chance of that but the bottom line is that you don't get a refund then it is theft. All that crap about not refunding "because it is slow" or "it's not what I expected" is just that, crap. The distance selling regulations cover that. What the hell has her being pregnant got to do with anything other than he/she is going for the sympathy angle. Also that is the first 2 Tb usb tick that I have seen and why isn't it USB 3 backwards compatible to 2 and 1.1. Even reading the original advert I smell a stinking scam.

As other's have said, scam all the way. Ever since the recent discovery of the 'bad-usb' exploit, several similar scams have been conducted. You can program the USB firmware to say that it is any size you want, but there isn't physically enough memory chips on the actual device.
I appreciate you were inquisitive about the capacity and wanted to try it, but in future could I suggest you report such items immediately and encourage everyone to avoid them - only by not buying them will they cease scamming people.

2TB memory stick is an upcoming technology but it hasn't hit the market yet.

What you got is snake oil.

I'm confused as to why all the feedback is positive... totally bizarre, obviously they haven't used the item yet and simply rated the delivery...

Or maybe the scamming bar stewards are putting their own feedback on. If they are trying to sell a scam they are hardly likely to leave any negative feedbacks there or they will just flood the advert with positive feedbacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom