Help with Microsoft Excel 2010

bluenose1940

In Runtime
I am looking for a little help please.

I am the treasurer of the local cricket club and I have just prepared a form for use with our banking.

It is a very simple form and just allows the person who has done the banking to itemise the amount banked, what the money is for and, the date that it was banked.

What I am looking to do is, to send the form by email to those involved and, for them to be able to complete the form on their pc/laptop whatever and then email it back to me.

For instance, there is a space for the date which I have inserted as dd/mm/yyyy, there is a column for the detail and, another for the amount banked.

My question is, when they receive the form will they be able to make their entrIes, i.e. edit the form or, will it be locked in any way? If it would be locked, what do I do to set it up the way I want it used please?
Once they have a copy of the form I want them to be able to use it time and time again and so, when they enter the date for instance, I need it to return to showing dd/mm/yyyy. I hope that this all makes sense.

Many thanks.

Last edited:
Using an Excel spreadsheet as a form to do what you want seems like overkill. Do all these people have Excel on their computers?

Why not simply have them send you an email with the info you need?

Looks like he wants all the entries in a file strollin, so to store the data it might be easier to use the excel file.

It shouldn't be locked bluenose, they just need to save it to their pc, modify it, and send it back to you (and make sure it's the version with the latest information!)

If that's the case, it would be better to have only 1 spreadsheet, shared someplace like in Google docs, that everyone accesses and adds their entries to. Emailing a spreadsheet back and forth is crazy.

If that's the case, it would be better to have only 1 spreadsheet, shared someplace like in Google docs, that everyone accesses and adds their entries to. Emailing a spreadsheet back and forth is crazy.

+1 to this post!

It seems like such a simple thing to manage... sending an 'up-to-date' spreadsheet back and forth, but it only takes one person to make changes, not save them, and send it in to cause a financial nightmare come reconcile when you can't figure out where the missing entries are...

Thanks for the input folks. Would it be possible for me to attach the 'form' to a post on here so that you could have a look at it and to see what I am trying to do.
Please have it in mind that you are dealing with a 75 year old wrinkly here!

Thanks again for the help thus far.

Back
Top Bottom