Looks like I'm getting a dash cam

Car cams have the date and time superimposed on the video. This is a requirement for the video to be admissible evidence in a court of law. I did security for 25 years and have had many of my tapes played in court and the bastards got the book thrown at them because they couldn't dispute what time and what date they appear in the video. With out the time and date stamp the video can be disputed. My tablet records video but doesn't put a time/date stamp on the screen. Neither does my cell phone.

You should check on a discounted rate for having one. I'd be surprised if car insurance offers one, but it never hurts to ask.

I don't have a cell phone. My phone is off the cable and strictly home based. That's right, I don't have anything to carry with me.

I know, I should have a mobile phone with me.

Car cams have the date and time superimposed on the video. This is a requirement for the video to be admissible evidence in a court of law. I did security for 25 years and have had many of my tapes played in court and the bastards got the book thrown at them because they couldn't dispute what time and what date they appear in the video. With out the time and date stamp the video can be disputed. My tablet records video but doesn't put a time/date stamp on the screen. Neither does my cell phone.

You should check on a discounted rate for having one. I'd be surprised if car insurance offers one, but it never hurts to ask.

Now that is interesting, and I really mean it.
I have never tried this so I dont know, but can you alter the time stamp on a video in a way that would confuse the court? Has that ever happened to you?

I think it's a good investment, especially when it's 50% off and good ratings.

Also there's more uses for it beside putting it on the dash. I could record myself playing my guitar for example.

Or I could put it in my pocket when I go to a store and something happened there that I could record it.

Or I could hold it under women's dresses and get panty shots. :D

See? Many uses. :lol:

And then you can post all of the above videos on this forum for us all to enjoy! :D

Well (IMHO) I think it's a great investment too. You know that would be cool if the insurance company would give you a better deal on your car insurance by using your car cam.

I know someone said this before...but it would be awesome if they did that.

Back
Top Bottom