New build help

Well it's looking like you have a kernackered motherboard. I think, at this point, I would be contacting the supplier. To be doing anything else now, like attempting to straighten pins or anything like that, will only compound the problems and make the supplier more likely to blame you for damaging the board.

Hey sorry

had to stop testing it for the day as something else popped up,

I tried disconnecting the peripherals but got the same result, I also swapped the power supply and the RAM out of my machine and still got nothing,

You mention about a Asrock splash screen I do not get that at all.

Joedaman633 when I reseated the CPU I had a quick look when I lifted the CPU up and 1 of the pins look a bit meh on it,

I'm planning to take it some where tomorrow, I just feel pretty bad for my mate been waiting for this all week and now he has got nothing at the moment and I feel like it's kinda my fault even though it really isn't as far as I know.

---------- Post added at 07:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:59 PM ----------

If the motherboard does have a faulty pin, I should just send it back and get a replacement right? without too much hassle I mean.

In most cases, bent pins on the motherboard are a result of the person building the PC, so it's difficult to claim this on warranty, they probably wouldn't believe you!

You can try to claim it first, but if they wont accept it, then you have no choice put to carefully try and straighten them (a thin plastic blade normally works, so you can straighten them in relation to the other pins) hey're very fragile, you might get one shot at bending them back or they'll break immediately.

Back
Top Bottom