Motherboard Getting Hot

BK_123

Golden Master
Hey guys. So my Nan asked me to install new toner for her printer and I so I decided to run updates and maintenance. I have ran Speccy and noticed that the mobo was getting to 121c. I am going to open it and give blow all the dust out but any other reason why it would be getting so hot?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Computer Forums mobile app

No clue but 121C can't POSSIBLY be right. Motherboards usually shut off between 95 and 100 degrees C. Download HW monitor on her comp and see what that says (its much more reliable). It's probably in the low to mid 40's. Maybe in the 50's because pre-built comps from Dell and them tend to run on the hot side. Just blow it out and see what HW monitor says then get back to us

Its not from Dell. Its a custom build that her son did for her.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Computer Forums mobile app

Dirt on the fan blades will severely reduce their efficiency. When you blow out the case and the CPU cooler, take a Q-tip and clean the fan blades.

I'm heading out there today so I'll open it up and clean it and might also take a fan I have spare and install it..

Also these specs

9UsIbO7.png

If the chipset has a fan then it could have died. I had a DFI Lanboy mobo that did that.

Another thing to check would be to see if the thermal paste on the chipset heatsink has died.

Yeah reapplying thermal paste is never a bad idea. Just be sure you can replace the heatsink without any trouble and that it makes good solid contact or your problem will get worse. Please download HW monitor as well and screenshot that. Speccy is notorious for being incorrect on temps.

Back
Top Bottom