Need help locating this...

redspin

Beta member
Hello. I need some help identifying and finding a place to purchase these. I have ONE of these that came with a periphial that I use at work. Recently, we have added many more of the same periphial and the new ones do not come with this screw lock stabilizer. So, I called the distributer of the periphial and they said that their manufacturer no longer makes them and they have had no luck in finding another supplier.

Basically, it is a USB - B screw lock stabilizer. I am not sure, but I think it may be a completely customized piece.

USB-B01.jpg

The above piece plugs in and screws into the USB B slot, below.

USB-B02.jpg

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!​

Well since you said the manufacturer doesn't make them anymore, your best bet to try to get one will probably trying to find one on Ebay. Someone might be trying to get rid of one of those....just a thought.

Maybe you could make a similar device yourself using parts from the hardware store. An L bracket, a screw and a tie wrap might do the trick. Certainly wouldn't look as nice but should do the job. Just an idea.

Well since you said the manufacturer doesn't make them anymore, your best bet to try to get one will probably trying to find one on Ebay. Someone might be trying to get rid of one of those....just a thought.

Ebay was my first stop. I am either not keying in the correct words or there are not any listed, at the moment. Thank you, though.

Maybe you could make a similar device yourself using parts from the hardware store. An L bracket, a screw and a tie wrap might do the trick. Certainly wouldn't look as nice but should do the job. Just an idea.

My company has strict guidelines and rules about equipment. Basically, it needs to be manufactured and retail piece to be installed on our equipment. It is like they want to waste money. :) If it were for my personal use, this would have been done, already. Thank you, though.

Looks totally custom I'm afraid, I'd have expected a locking mechanism to look a little more like this:

sc-u2mab-3.jpg
Yes, I agree. When I first saw the piece, in the field, I thought it was just like these. Only with one side locking and not the other. But upon further investigation, it was not that simple. The manufacturer decided to offset the threads to be a bit higher than center. I think that was a poor choice. Definitely complicates things. :(

It's what you call proprietary. Nothing in common with others and now that they don't make it anymore they've just screwed themselves and the consumers.

I have literally never seen anything like that.
This seems more like the type of work that you would see out of someone trying to fit as little effort as possible into a basic lock/screw. I am going to guess that nobody at that company has a clue why you would design somthing in that way? I will go hunting some more, but I have not been able to come up with it so far...

Back
Top Bottom