Screen dimming application

Kirigato

Solid State Member
Hi all :)
Im looking for an application for windows which is capable of dimming my screen in specific hours. I mean, I'd love to have my screen less bright at 8 PM than at 2 PM, automatically, without changing the hue.

Thanks in advance.

Hi all :)
Im looking for an application for windows which is capable of dimming my screen in specific hours. I mean, I'd love to have my screen less bright at 8 PM than at 2 PM, automatically, without changing the hue.

Thanks in advance.

This seems to have good reviews:
http://lifehacker.com/5158832/flux-changes-your-screen-brightness-by-time-of-day

Flux doesn't change the backlight, moreso the colour balance though.

EDIT: Is this a laptop or a desktop PC? It would be easier if this is on a laptop as often they have some sort of key combination to switch down the brightness anyway!

Last edited:
I used this program. The point is that, I mentioned "without changing the hue". F.Lux does that - and it's really annoying for me. I need program which make screen less bright, not warm colors.

Hmm... I'm not aware of any software that can control the backlight on an external monitor, certainly not through a VGA/DVI/HDMI port anyway... there's another program called PangoBright, but again, I don't know how it affects the hue or the colour intensity.

I've just tested it. It's just changing brightness, in quite wide way, but only manually :( (looking for something that works automatically). But thanks for your recommendation :)

It's possible that you could set up a scheduled task to open the program at certain times of the day, but the downside is that the screen brightness would change quite abruptly, which I'd guess isn't what you're looking for!

Okay, this is assuming that PangoBright remembers the settings you last had it on (or saved)

I've never tried it personally, but you'd install PangoBright (or similar) and set the brightness how you'd like it to be when it's dim. You'd then open up "Task Scheduler" in Windows, in the actions pane on the right hand side, click "Create Basic Task." You'd give it a name and description, set it to occur "Daily" at your preferred time, and then you set the task to "Start a program" as the action. You'd then set the target as the .exe file for PangoBright.

Back
Top Bottom