Looks like I'm getting a dash cam

Celery

Golden Master
I've been looking at dash cams for quite a while on Amazon. So many models that my head were swimming.

What to choose what to choose... :lol:

Then I thought about Newegg and see if they carry 'em. Well I found one and it's high quality stuff at 50% off til 2/24. Best rated too according to three users (is that all?) but I like what I read about it so my mind's made up (finally).

Why do I want a dash cam? For protection obviously but I have the butthead brothers who lives down the street from me who thinks it's funny to swerve into my lane every time they see me coming.

I resisted an urge to put a bullet in their faces every time they do that and that's when I've thought about the cams.

This way I can stay out of jail but they won't heh heh. :whistling:

They're big fellas (not fat) and are generally dicks to people. I'm surprised no one shot them yet.

I almost became the first one to do so. :angel:

I've got a mobius hd, the quality is pretty good, but I have only tested it walking around my house so I don't know how it performs on a dashboard! It can record 720p at 60fps or 30fps and 1080p at 30fps

That cam looks pretty nice I had a cheap, what I'm assuming is Russian (based on the menu language) version that looked just like that for a while. Any idea if that one turns on and off with the car?

Not sure on that but it seems to. I'll know more once I get the manual.

If it's like the one I used to have, it'd require you leave it plugged into the cigarette lighter so it could sense the power-up. It was pretty cool to not have to worry about forgetting to turn it on/off

If it's like the one I used to have, it'd require you leave it plugged into the cigarette lighter so it could sense the power-up. It was pretty cool to not have to worry about forgetting to turn it on/off

It's cool how most of them loop the video as well, so it will store a certain amount of video from the past then wipe it when it's been recording for too long!

Yeah, it rolls over so you'll have a time window to refer to. Mine will come with an 8 gigs card but it supports up to 32 gigs.

I guess it will pay off if you should actually ever need it. I've been driving for 46 years and can only think of 2 incidents where a dash cam may have been nice to have.

Back
Top Bottom