laptop tripping

Does it sound like a motherboard or cpu.. I left it running over night its still on nothing on screen.I turn it of turn it back on same thing it turn on 3 sec larr turn of then about maybe30-45dec later turns bavk on with no display

Are there any "beeps" or anything? I am asking because others on this site taught me that there is a code even to the beeps that your computer makes. It was way to late to help me, but perhaps that could provide some idea of what is happening?

A lot of laptops don't come with buzzers unfortunately. H

Have you tried turning the PC on with only one stick of RAM plugged in?

Try plugging the laptop into an external monitor, if there is an output on the screen then the problem is most likely to be related to the laptop screen or cable.

Look at the screen carefully, can you see even the shadow of an image? It may be that the backlight on the laptop screen is faulty.

It might be worth removing the DVD drive and hard drive to ensure that they're not causing an issue (it sounds strange, but peripherals like these can on the odd occasion cause a problem).

If none of the above work, then the problem is likely to be the CPU, motherboard, or graphics chip, all of which would require a full replacement motherboard, and is probably not economical as a repair.

Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom