laptop tripping

DizzyRunk

Baseband Member
hello, i have a lenovo z565 laptop it powers up but nothig happens.. the fan spins for about maybe 3 seconds max then stop power light is still on.. could this be a sighn of a dead mobo?

More than likely. Could be a cpu issue as well. Either way you are more or less screwed. Time to buy yourself a new laptop. It won't be worth repairing unless you can solder.

Are you using it with the PSU plugged to it? I'm thinking it's a battery issue.

Yea am using it with the power cord... It turns on fan spins for about 3 secs stops. About maybe30 sec later it turns back on. An stays running nothing on screen, just yesterday it started workimg. I was using it for awhile when i turned it off same thimg

I think it is your battery. You get the amperage from the battery to power your system. The PSU alone cannot do it.

When you say battery do you mean the cmos battery or the other one. Because it does same thimg when on battery with charbger pluggen in, an on battdry alome an with charger plugged in with out the battery

I meant the battery as the source of power for your laptop. What you told me was a pretty good indication that it's the battery. The battery holds enough amperage to power your system. The PSU does not have enough to power it on its own. It only helps to feed/charge the battery.

If you could, have your battery tested or try another battery from someone with the like system. I could be wrong but this is a strong suspect.

Yea i tried another battery same thing. It does same thing with the battery in alone an with the charger plugged in along with it as well. An same with just the charger plugged in alone

Back
Top Bottom