Attention friends

Ok, it's over with and I'm still here. :)

Got my bill reduced to $171 and my net speed bumped up from 15 mbps to 30 mbps plus a new set top box with DVR for the TV.

Also got a new modem for the net but I have to keep the old modem for the phone.

I asked if I have to pay rental for both modems and she said no, just one.

I then asked if this package is a promotion she said no, this will be my regular bill. I will charge my nephew $90 for the TV so I think we both got a good deal. My sis will be tickled when she find out she now got DVR. :D

Seems I can't get the new modem to work, it won't get detected. I'm back on my old modem and my speed show 21 mbps.

Just checked online, I didn't get the 30 mbps package, only the 20, she lied to me.

Last edited:
Couldn't you just have them send out a technician to have them set up your new modem for you?....just a thought.

It wouldn't cost you anything.... I think. At least I wouldn't charge you for setting up a modem if I was the company technician.

Last edited:
I know how to set 'em up, the modem just wouldn't take so it must be defective. I'm taking it back.

Also I do have 30 Mbps access because it shows in my account. They say my old modem can't support it but I told 'em it did 50 then 30 before it was set to 15.

Again I was told that it takes 48 hours before the account gets settled in.

Last edited:
Having a technician around is a good idea for one reason, they have direct contact with their offices and their word to them is taken for granted. It is easy to convince the tech. if he's with you right on front of the line status. This is the best way to have your problem solved as soon as possible.

Believe me, trying to convince them on phone could just raise your blood pressure.

Boy, talk about a crummy day today. Not only it's wet and cold I saw my new bill.

$209 !

What ?? What happened to my $171 ??

I grabbed everything off the cable and went to the cable store. I told 'em to close my account.

He asked me why.

Why ?? Cause y'all lied to me !!! My face was getting red then.

Well you upgraded sir to DVR, faster net and HBO. Of course your bill's gonna be $209 sir.

I was told $171 to repackage the deal.

Then you'll be under charged sir.

He was so calm that it just makes me madder so I said ok let's do it this way, what does it cost me to keep the same old I had, 200 channels, 15 Mbps internet and phone?

It'll be $127 less tax sir.

Are you for real? Seriously? (My bill was $131 to begin with before all that BS) So I said ok let's do it. I got the old TV box back but a new modem then I had to come back with it because the PSU was dead (I tested it)

I made the clerk plug in the new modem before I leave so I don't have to come back (for the 4th time because I didn't get the remote).

Sheez what a day. Now I'd have to wait a couple of day to see what the bill will be.

He'd better be right, I should pay around $140+ a month.

I ordered 12mbps Uverse for the guests and was quoted $55.00 a month complete. We'll see...
If they told me the truth then it sure beats paying Windstream $225.00 a month for 1.5mbps both ways.
Like I said, we'll see.

Back
Top Bottom