BSOD over an over..

If it's not a hard drive fault, it could be something related to it.

Are you doing any overclocking? Or have you messed with such settings. Although the memory spec itself wouldn't cause any issue with running at the slower speed, there could be an issue (depending on the chipset and any bios bugs) if the memory bus speed has increased and there is a odd ratio between the FSB and Memory Controller (or whatever the new AMD/Intel lingo is on the matter).

Check for updated chipset drivers - specifically SATA controller drivers. I'm guessing from that dump that you are using a tri-core AMD setup. If memory serves, one of their chipsets had issues with the onboard sata-controller where it would corrupt in certain RAID and AHCI setups. A changing memory speed, although it shouldn't, may have upset something.

First off though, get those hard-drives scanned - after, like the fellas above have said, you have backed up everything incase the act of scanning it kills it.

As pete.i pointed out, this is an issue with unreadable data on your drive.

As others pointed out, you need to perform a chkdsk /r/f (what I always do, didn't know about the features etc).

When you turn the computer on, there should be boot up information... your BIOS screen. After the beep, or before there should be a screen with HP or the like (manufacturer of board). As soon as that goes away (before you would normally see the Windows boot screen), you need to start mashing F8 repeatedly.

Try to boot into "Safe Mode."

If you were able, open command prompt and run chkdsk /r/f and let that run.

If that completes, boot again into safe mode and then run "sfc /scannow" from the command prompt to ensure no Windows Kernel files are faulty.

Post back with update.

Last edited:
ok i ran the chkdsk found nothing.. so does that mean that the hard drive is good an that the ram i am using could be causeing it? it would start up an everything but let say i open internet explorer it would jjust crash

I maybe wrong but chkdsk may not always pick up on errors, The hard drive could be on its way out. Have you tried running MemTest to test the ram like Celegorm suggested?

I maybe wrong but chkdsk may not always pick up on errors, The hard drive could be on its way out. Have you tried running MemTest to test the ram like Celegorm suggested?

Yea i did for 20 hours straight found no errors.. also did a frsh install of windows 7 aswell...

One more stab in the dark before I end up trying to work with you through TeamViewer (as we are in very different time zones, let try not to.), I would suggest that you attempt a fresh install (Over your current one) of Windows, but only repair.

One more stab in the dark before I end up trying to work with you through TeamViewer (as we are in very different time zones, let try not to.), I would suggest that you attempt a fresh install (Over your current one) of Windows, but only repair.

ok i will try it am doing thje chkdsk /r now

Back
Top Bottom