BSOD over an over..

Hi I'm looking at the error number that is in that dump file and I see it as 0x00000024. looking at the relevant Microsoft page it says that that error number is associated with unrecoverable errors on the hard drive. Basically it is saying that some parts of the hard drive have become unreadable. This could be caused by Windows itself becoming corrupted or your hard drive has unreadable sectors and that can be caused by a failing hard drive. Now to be fair I could be completely wrong but a failing hard drive could, most certainly, give a BSOD so could a load of other stuff. It certainly seems that you have some sort of corruption on your hard drive. I would suggest that you try a system restore if you can as a first option. I would also advise you to back your files up, if you haven't done that already, if you can get past the BSOD.

Nope sorry he should back up all his personal files first. If the hard drive is about to pack up, and none of us know whether it is or not, personal files are the most important. Then do checkdisk or system restore either one it's pretty immaterial which is done first. Anyway the OP hasn't come back so we don't know what is happening anyway.

i just put in a new ram cause the other one went bad am wondering if it can be the cost... i notice the old ram was a pc2-5300 ddr2 667 hrtz an i put in a pc2-6400u 800hrtz... i get all sorts of different code on blue screen.. i read some where tht might need to increase the voltage to the ram in bios.. but i have not seen how to do it

There's an easy way to test all of this.

First to test your RAM. MemTest is a great utility. Burn the image to a CD or make a bootabled USB drive with it and on reboot it should run (assuming proper boot order in BIOS). If it reports any errors, locks, freezes, appears to stop or anything like that then you got bad ram. If it runs for 8 or more hours without freezing or reporting errors then your RAM is good.

Then take a look at the manufacturer's website for your hard drive. They should also have a diagnostic tool to test your hard drive for issues. Anything that's a bootable CD or USB should be used as you want to avoid testing within windows (so windows doesn't report any false positives to the application)

Back
Top Bottom