U.S. cities with most IT jobs

Any large metropolitan city will have many IT jobs, doesn't matter if it's on the West coast or not. "IT" covers a broad range of jobs so someplace like the Silicon Valley may be a better place to look for a job as a software engineer but not necessarily any better place to look for a job as desktop support or network engineer.

Not necessarily. DC, where I'm from, has a rather limited IT market (unless you count cybersecurity as IT which I guess you could and it has a big market for that). I mean there will always be tech support and the office fix it guy but as far as software engineering and network engineering its limited. But the West Coast is the best place to look is all I'm saying.

Last edited:
Not necessarily. DC, where I'm from, has a rather limited IT market (unless you count cybersecurity as IT which I guess you could and it has a big market for that). I mean there will always be tech support and the office fix it guy but as far as software engineering and network engineering its limited. But the West Coast is the best place to look is all I'm saying.

As an IT guy with a degree in CyberSecurity... it is very much an IT job and (IMHO) will most likely be the most 'in-demand' IT job in the coming years.

I know that Dallas is good for that. But every job that you want to apply for will ask for paper saying that you know what you know...

Back
Top Bottom