Upgrading PC to run games in highest quality?

AlColossus

Beta member
Hi, I've noticed that my computer has recently started having slowdown every so often, and I'm thinking of upgrading it to be able to run newer games in highest quality (Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor was the only game it was having trouble running at max settings most recently, and the NVIDIA dashboard thing suggested I use low-mid settings).
I also recently started using two HD monitors at once, both connected to my single graphics card, so I thought that could be a reason for slowing it down too. I'm basically looking to upgrade my Graphics card, and/or possibly my CPU if that would be more beneficial. Preferably under £200 too. Also, would another option be to buy another GTX 750 and connect them both, one to each monitor? I'm not really sure how things like that work though.

GPU: GeForce GTX 750
CPU: AMD FX 8320 Eight-Core Processor
8GB RAM
Resolution: 1920x1080, 60Hz

Thanks in advance, and sorry for the long post,
Alex

First of all, welcome to the Computer Forums Al! Sadly you cannot SLI GTX 750s, so if you want to upgrade, the only option is to buy a new video card. If you're looking to spend under £200 I'd say the best option would be to wait for the release of the GTX 960, which should be very soon. Once it comes out, I'd purchase myself one of those if I were you.

Thanks for the quick reply, I know it hasn't released yet, but do you have any idea if it (the 960) would be a significant improvement over what I already have for the cost?

Back
Top Bottom