Two fronts came in and

I'm in N Calif and it gets down to freezing here a few nights per year. If the temps ever drop into the 20's around here all heck breaks loose as we'll have busted water pipes and the like. The first night we moved into this house 24 years ago, the temp got down to around 22 and I discovered a broken water pipe in my barn the next morning.

Exactly my thought. You inforce the pipes, and that will not happen.
Even local, you want to leave your water running slightly to keep that from happening.

I guess you found out the hard way that you needed to insulate your pipes.
That's just the point, we don't need to insulate our pipes. In the 24 years we've lived in this house with uninsulated pipes we have had only that 1 pipe break due to freezing and that was a pipe in an uninsulated barn. In fact, I've lived in Calif for 60 years in houses with uninsulated pipes and have still only had that 1 break. You guys couldn't get away with that.

There's a reason why we Californians live where we do, it's because the weather in California is better than anywhere else in the US, bar none.

---------- Post added at 06:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 PM ----------

This is the second year in a row we have had this low of temperatures, so much for freaking global warming :mad:
You've just tipped your hat to the fact that you don't understand what global warming is all about. The key part of your statement that you should be paying attention to is this: "the second year in a row we have had this low of temperatures". Why do you think temperatures are lower than usual?

Last edited:
This is the second year in a row we have had this low of temperatures, so much for freaking global warming :mad:

Global warming is a crock...trust me it's more like global cooling. Although i know that the polar ice caps melt, they always seem to come back.

As for the temp. where I live here in Colorado the weather has been warm. I would have to say in the 50's. I'm sorry it's so cold where you guys live. Hopefully it will warm up soon.

Back
Top Bottom