computer problem

I don't believe that. It's very, very rare for the CPU itself to die. In fact I've only seen it once in my years working a help desk and even then the behavior was different.

If it didn't power on when you jumped the pins manually then there are 4 likely things that are wrong here from my experience:
  1. The wrong pins were jumped so it didn't turn on
  2. PSU has died or is in some way unable to provide enough power
  3. The motherboard has died
  4. The fan on the CPU has died. Common, would not prevent PC from booting.

Yes, i agree i've never seen a cpu burn out in my lifetime - but its a good friend with lots of years experience so i trust his opinion. In my personal response i would thing its a short in the power supply somewhere, because there is temporary power - i haven't jump the psu as yet or the board has died.... I'm leaving this as it is and placing this pc in the storeroom obsolete. :ermm:

You guyz would say I've wasted your time on this forum!! But thanks again I would probably look at this pc again when I'm not busy or so

You guyz would say I've wasted your time on this forum!! But thanks again I would probably look at this pc again when I'm not busy or so

You would never hear that from any of us. At least you came to some sort of conclusion, even if it was not the one wanted. The only way that you would be wasting our time is if you asked a question that is against the rules to answer, and even then thats not wasting much of our time... :lol:

Even though I have given no input in this thread so far, its only because I am not knowledgeable enough with hardware yet. I have been following it, and I have learned a lot just doing that. No time wasted here. :)

I don't believe that. It's very, very rare for the CPU itself to die. In fact I've only seen it once in my years working a help desk and even then the behavior was different.

If it didn't power on when you jumped the pins manually then there are 4 likely things that are wrong here from my experience:
  1. The wrong pins were jumped so it didn't turn on
  2. PSU has died or is in some way unable to provide enough power
  3. The motherboard has died
  4. The fan on the CPU has died. Common, would not prevent PC from booting.

5. The "senior" technician couldn't be bothered helping out a colleague and made crap up

The fan on the CPU has died. Common, would not prevent PC from booting.

Except when the CPU burned up. :)

Except when the CPU burned up. :)

True, but I don't know of a modern processor now that doesn't shut itself off when it gets too hot because of a failed fan or heatsink. Not to say it's impossible, but with all the failed heatsinks I saw at the shop (people really need to learn to blow out their computers every now and then) never once did a CPU fry.

True, but I don't know of a modern processor now that doesn't shut itself off when it gets too hot because of a failed fan or heatsink. Not to say it's impossible, but with all the failed heatsinks I saw at the shop (people really need to learn to blow out their computers every now and then) never once did a CPU fry.

We assumed it was a modern CPU, OP hasn't stated his specs.

Back
Top Bottom