Hide router?

Modiljo

Beta member
Someone has my IP and will try to find my router through info from wifi to figure out my home address. How can I make sure this person can't detect my router?

First of all, welcome!

Your router does not contain your home address. However, there are quite a few services to backtrace an IP, and very few ways to keep it from happening. You give away your IP to any site that you visit, as that is required for your computer to be able to communicate with servers and other computers. Unless you are using a proxy service of some sort, you are giving it away to any place you connect to.

However, I have had quite a number of people threaten me in the past, and it normally proves to be false. If the person was actually going to try to locate you, they wouldnt be telling you, they would just do it. So again, its likely false to scare you.

Last edited:
Totally agree with Dray. Forget about it. It's empty threats.

It sounds like an interesting story though. What's going on?

---------- Post added at 12:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 PM ----------

Ohh. and welcome

First of all welcome to CF. Unless you IP address is static and always stays the same it would be very difficult for one to hack you if the individual didn't have the knowledge to trace your every step..

First of all welcome to CF. Unless you IP address is static and always stays the same it would be very difficult for one to hack you if the individual didn't have the knowledge to trace your every step..

Even dynamic IPs don't change that often for most people.

Back
Top Bottom