Morning chap's !

Glad it worked out for you!

Thank's mate. And then i got all adventurous and got an HDMI lead to go from my laptop to my TV, now i need a another set of lead's from the TV to my speaker's, no holding me back now nipper ! Proper gizmo head me :D

Thank's mate. And then i got all adventurous and got an HDMI lead to go from my laptop to my TV, now i need a another set of lead's from the TV to my speaker's, no holding me back now nipper ! Proper gizmo head me :D
Shouldn't need additonal wires, HDMI carries both video and audio. If running Windows on your laptop, right-click on speaker icon on Taskbar and select Playback devices. See if the TV is listed there.

Shouldn't need additonal wires, HDMI carries both video and audio. If running Windows on your laptop, right-click on speaker icon on Taskbar and select Playback devices. See if the TV is listed there.

The HDMI is for TV, and that is all fine,but i need to get sound from it to a separate pair of home speaker's.

In the pictures I have seen, it looks like there is a pair of RCA jacks on the rear of the unit to the left of the speaker wire terminals that appear to be labeled as input. If that's the case, you need a cable that has a mini-headphone plug on one end and RCA plugs on the other end.

son288.jpg

You can try connecting your laptop via USB but I doubt it will work. It won't blow up anything but it won't work either.

The USB port on the unit is expecting to see a file system with files (mp3s) that it can open and play. You want the USB port on the unit to act as an audio input, which is totally different.

Hey strollin my man, can you take a guess at the size of that DC plug, i need a lead with one of those and cigarette plug on the other. Cheer's.

Sorry, not a clue. Can you take it to a shop that sells the plugs and find one by trial & error? I can't even tell from that pic which is + or -, tip or OD.

Sorry, not a clue. Can you take it to a shop that sells the plugs and find one by trial & error? I can't even tell from that pic which is + or -, tip or OD.

I am stuck indoor's with a groin hernia at the minute, i was hoping to order one online,i'll get my brother to get it sorted at the week end. Thank's mate.:thumb:

I am stuck indoor's with a groin hernia at the minute, i was hoping to order one online,i'll get my brother to get it sorted at the week end. Thank's mate.:thumb:
Ouch! I know you didnt ask for it, but you have simpothy on that one! :eek:
Glad to see that you are even online. Most people (myself included) cannot even move with that type of problem.

Back
Top Bottom