My 1000th post...

connchri

Daemon Poster
Well, it's only taken me 10 years... But I've accomplished it. I have posted 1000 posts, inclusive of this pointless one, on this fab site.

Ok, so I dissapear for years at a time - but hey, I'm still here, and as my day job for the foreseeable future is me sitting on my bum at a computer screen, working on software development, it looks as though I'll be sticking around for a while.

I just hope I've contributed more than I haven't (whoever can define that, let me know).

Ahh, the things that have changed. Back in ma day (Imagine said with a Yorkshire accent), AMD was kicking the utter crap out of Intel. SSD's were mythical, the fasted CPU on the block was an Athlon 64 FX CPU. At the time, what you really wanted to get your hands on, for bang for buck, was an Athlon 64 Venice core (single core btw) on the socket 939 platform - dual channel memory baby!!!! On an Althon 64 no less!

How times have changed... AMD spend now spends more time chasing its tail, Intel covers AMD on almost every price bracket, competition... non-existant on the CPU front.

Anyway, it's fantastic now that we have what we do, and the surge in cloud based stuff, the fact that I have broad band now, when 10 years ago I didn't, and I have a phone that does more than take grainy, faded, coloured pictures!

To the next 10 years!

(Oh, and don't forget the hurrah! for my 1000th post! I want recognition! :p )

I was an AMD guy since the 386 and now an Intel guy with a Sandy Bridge and Ivy Bridge CPUs. :)

How did I miss this thread??

Anyways congrats...I don't remember if I made a 10k thread when I reached the 10,000 posts. Oh well, keep postin man. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom