Help with fan

then00b

Beta member
I am going to install a fan in my case it has an area with large holes about 9mm if I try to install a fan the screws are to small for the holes what are some alternative methods of keeping my fan in place? (double sided tape? Magnets?)

That's odd. Fan manufacturers have to keep a mounting standard in order to be compatible with other cases.
Take a picture of it. That might help up see the problem.

If you are looking for an alternative i'll use zip ties before tape any day.

It wast exactly designed for a fan but there is enough space to fit one and holes to the outside so i was planing on putting a fan there

ZIp ties arent a bad idea but im looking for something that wouldn't require me to remove the front bezel?

The whole front of the case. It's set up where the air flow in from the bottom of the bezel. Then through the holes in the metal front. This is where you can install the intake fan.

I have that correct?

You want to see my server (I ripped a HP workstation apart years ago, and then, after the case was long gone, put it back together:

Get a glue gun - lol, it's what's holding this thing together - The power supply is not a standard ATX one (fecking HP - the hole mounts and the supply voltages are non-standard...) so had to be glue gunned in, along with my low profile nic, cooling fan (No screws to hand), a few wires (to stop error messages popping up saying that the front panel was missing), and my power button on the front of the case.

Glue gun, solves everthing...

WP_20150105_001.jpg

WP_20150105_002.jpg

WP_20150105_005.jpg

WP_20150105_006.jpg

WP_20150105_007.jpg

WP_20150105_008.jpg

WP_20150105_009.jpg

WP_20150105_010.jpg

Back
Top Bottom