Gaming Rig Upgrade

Draygoes:
I don't know if i agree fully on that. But then again. My knowledge about guns are not more than the average person.
It just seam to me like a weapon that can quickly fire multiple rounds against a target would be better. I just suspect that skills are less needed when you have 30 bullets in a magazine and a hold to fire trigger.
Note: When i say less skill is needed i mean in comparison to a pistol. I am well aware that skills with a weapon make all the difference in a fire fight.

I have to agree with Dray. When you account the fact that when you have a full auto, the action is Recoil driven, meaning it needs a lot of recoil to open the action, eject the shell, and chamber a new one. Automatic weapons are very inefficient and very inaccurate for that reason. Honestly, a semi auto or burst is more effective than full auto. And, I've noticed that in police fire fights, most of the fights are done with handguns and auto weapons. The auto weapons having a less hit ratio for the recoil reason I gave.

Going off what he said, yes a full auto will have more jams than a semi auto because most semi-auto's are gas driven/recoil driven, and most semi autos have a lighter recoil spring so not as much recoil is used, therefore making the shooter better at keeping on target.

As you can notice, I deem myself as a bit of a firearm expert

---------- Post added at 09:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 PM ----------

YoungIT:
I don't find it that surprising.
The I3 is better than what people gives it credit for, and when it comes to gaming (as i am sure you already know) a good GPU is MUCH more important that a good CPU.

See I would love to have spent $150 on an i3 4370 vs. $250 on an i5 4690K. My question is, should I have gotten the i3 for playing stuff like DayZ, and Far Cry 4? or was my i5 move a good one?

I stand corrected... again :D
My apologies.

As for the other subject.
I'll say don't think about it. You did spend more, but then again, it will take longer for it to be outdated performance wise. As you can see the i3 is bottlenecking the GPU a little in the benchmarks shown in the video. The i3 can't keep up with the GPU he used. You are gonna need a pretty high end GPU to buttle neck your I5. You might not even need to upgrade the CPU for your next GPU. If you had the I3. You should upgrade both he GPU and CPU next time you want to upgrade to avoid buttleneck.
Also you gain in other areas like de/compression and rendering. Well worth it in my opinion.

Last edited:
I stand corrected... again :D
My apologies.

As for the other subject.
I'll say don't think about it. You did spend more, but then again, it will take longer for it to be outdated performance wise. As you can see the i3 is bottlenecking the GPU a little in the benchmarks shown in the video. The i3 can't keep up with the GPU he used. You are gonna need a pretty high end GPU to buttle neck your I5. You might not even need to upgrade the CPU for your next GPU. If you had the I3. You should upgrade both he GPU and CPU next time you want to upgrade to avoid buttleneck.
Also you gain in other areas like de/compression and rendering. Well worth it in my opinion.

Actually the CPU I said was on the way had somehow become out of stock so they refunded my money so now I'm back to square one. Now according to Micro Center, a huge computer parts store about 100 miles from me, I can buy a Core i7 4790K from them for $279 as a deal. Now would it be worth it to pay the extra $80 because the i5 4690K is on sale there for $199.

The difference here is only really Hyper threading vs not having hyper threading.
I think you can best answer that your self. I'll advice you to go look at some real word benchmarks. Like winrar and rendering for video editing software. Then ask your self if the difference is worth it. however for most people it's not not worth it.

The difference here is only really Hyper threading vs not having hyper threading.
I think you can best answer that your self. I'll advice you to go look at some real word benchmarks. Like winrar and rendering for video editing software. Then ask your self if the difference is worth it. however for most people it's not not worth it.

Yeah I've seen some benchmarks where hyperthreading slows you down, and where some don't. I think if the deal is still valid, I may go get that i7 in person. Then it's just an upgrade for my graphics card, and possibly getting another 16 gigs of ram to add to my already 8 gig system.

Not only that, but there's a part of me that says "No, don't spend that much, get something like an i5 4460 that costs about $200. Conserve your money." Then there's the part of me that's like "GET THE i7!"

Haha. Yeah i know the feeling. I had the same thing going on when choosing my current CPU.
The i5 is properly the best choice. you can add the money saved to your GPU budget.
I chose the I7 mostly to satisfy my inner enthusiast. He is like a monster that have to be tamed once in a while.

Last edited:
Haha. Yeah i know the feeling. I had the same thing going on when choosing my current CPU.
The i5 is properly the best choice. you can add the money saved to your GPU budget.
I chose the I7 mostly to satisfy my inner enthusiast. He is like a monster that have to be tamed once in a while.

I think I may go that route. See, my grandpa paid me $250 for hauling soybeans and corn for him this fall, and he paid me with a pre-paid visa card. Well the first one wouldn't work, and the second one never came, same with the third card, so now I have to call someone to get this straightened out. If they can give me $250 credit to newegg.com, I would be such a happy person :rofl:

Good luck with that. Hope you get your money soon.

"I think I may go that route."
And Which route is that. I7?

Good luck with that. Hope you get your money soon.

"I think I may go that route."
And Which route is that. I7?

Yes. My computer applications and programming teacher both told me because I'm just gaming, they said I wouldn't need the i7. Would this be true?

Back
Top Bottom