Gaming Rig Upgrade

You build your own AR-15. Cool. Suppose it's not made of Lego. :lol:

btw, i am confused about why you are calling your revolver and your assault rifle sentry guns.

First off, it's not an assault rifle. Assault rifles can be semi auto/full auto and/or burst, my AR only fires semi auto, so it's considered a sporting rifle. And I consider them sentry guns because they help me deny anyone to enter into my house, anyone unwanted that is....

Ohh. i didn't know that... about it being semi only. Learn something new every day.

however i don't agree with your view on sentry guns.
Because by definition a sentry gun is a gun that automatically aims and fires at targets that are detected by sensors and/or cameras.

So if you have to pull the trigger yourself, it doesn't count as a sentry gun
Like i can't call my Katana swords (Japanese swords) sentry weapons. I need to do the swing myself if i want to take off someones head.

Are real sentry guns even legal in the US??
But anyway. I think this tread is taking a turn in a off topic direction.

Ohh. i didn't know that... about it being semi only. Learn something new every day.

however i don't agree with your view on sentry guns.
Because by definition a sentry gun is a gun that automatically aims and fires at targets that are detected by sensors and/or cameras.

So if you have to pull the trigger yourself, it doesn't count as a sentry gun
Like i can't call my Katana swords (Japanese swords) sentry weapons. I need to do the swing myself if i want to take off someones head.

Are real sentry guns even legal in the US??
But anyway. I think this tread is taking a turn in a off topic direction.

Ah ha. Now I got you. I didn't realize they aimed and shot their selves haha. I have no clue whether or not they are illegal, but if they're automatic, they're illegal.....

In that case they are illegal. I am actually glad they are.
No civilian should own such a thing.
I have to admit that i am not 100% in favor of the American gun laws (not 100% against it ether), but on the other hand.... i'll love owning a sweet Revolver like the one you have.

In that case they are illegal. I am actually glad they are.
No civilian should own such a thing.
I have to admit that i am not 100% in favor of the American gun laws (not 100% against it ether), but on the other hand.... i'll love owning a sweet Revolver like the one you have.

Responsibility is what makes gun laws irrelevant. One person shooting from insanity, and killing people causes people to have strong feelings against the tool they use, not the person. Just my $0.02.

I can agree on that. Most murders are actually committed with kitchen knifes.
I knife stab can be more deadly than a bullet.
This thread has really taken a turn, eh?. :)

Last edited:
I can agree on that. Most murders are actually committed with kitchen knifes.
I knife stab can be more deadly than a bullet.
This thread has really taken a turn, eh?. :)

Haha yes it has. But back on track (somewhat), I just saw that the Core i3 4130 is somewhat a prospect for new gaming systems, and I saw where some guy did bench marks with the 4130 then with the 4670K and used them both with a GTX 650 Ti and a couple more GPU's, and for some reason, the i3 stayed maybe 10 frames behind on some really CPU intensive games, like Metro Last Night and Crysis 3. I was like :eek:

Here's the video link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXPK9doyMLg

Last edited:
First off, it's not an assault rifle. Assault rifles can be semi auto/full auto and/or burst, my AR only fires semi auto, so it's considered a sporting rifle. And I consider them sentry guns because they help me deny anyone to enter into my house, anyone unwanted that is....
I will derail the topic only to expand on this.
@everyone,
What I have learned, is that the military coined the term "Assult Rifle" for full auto weapons.
According to the media, scary = assult. Did you know that much more can be done with a simi hand gun in a closed off space than an actual fully automatic could ever do? For one thing, a hand gun does so much better than any rifle could. Unless you have 900+ ammo, almost any full auto gun will fail you. And even if you do have that amount, whos to say the gun wont fail you anyway.

Just my input. Sorry for interrupting the discussion. :hide:

YoungIT:
I don't find it that surprising.
The I3 is better than what people gives it credit for, and when it comes to gaming (as i am sure you already know) a good GPU is MUCH more important that a good CPU.

Last edited:
Draygoes:
I don't know if i agree fully on that. But then again. My knowledge about guns are not more than the average person.
It just seam to me like a weapon that can quickly fire multiple rounds against a target would be better. I just suspect that skills are less needed when you have 30 bullets in a magazine and a hold to fire trigger.
Note: When i say less skill is needed i mean in comparison to a pistol. I am well aware that skills with a weapon make all the difference in a fire fight.

Back
Top Bottom