Morning chap's !

Is this the amp you're talking about? Buy Cheap SON-288A 600W Aluminum Case Car Auto Stereo Audio Amplifier Copper Tone

If so, then you won't be able to transfer your music to it since it has no storage capability. It has the ability to play mp3s from a USB drive or an SD card. If you copy music to a USB thumb drive or SD card as mp3 files then the amp can play them with no need for the laptop.

If you use an audio cable from your laptop to the amp, then you will play the music on your laptop and feed the output thru it's headphone jack to the amp. You can't connect the laptop and the amp via USB cable and play music that way.

Thank's for that mate, yes that's the amp,it has no jack input, so i am stuck with just the USB or SD then, i really wanted to use my pc as a jukebox so i can see the music as i select it,a new amp that i can connect might be the answer,anyone got any suggestion's as to what i should be looking for in a cheap one. Failing that, how do i get my deezer onto either a USB or SD in MP3 form, i am led to believe that deezer wont allow it so a sneaky way has to be found, any idea's ? Thank's. Mick.

Thank's for that mate, yes that's the amp,it has no jack input, so i am stuck with just the USB or SD then, i really wanted to use my pc as a jukebox so i can see the music as i select it,a new amp that i can connect might be the answer,anyone got any suggestion's as to what i should be looking for in a cheap one. Failing that, how do i get my deezer onto either a USB or SD in MP3 form, i am led to believe that deezer wont allow it so a sneaky way has to be found, any idea's ? Thank's. Mick.

Giving that some thought, the amp play's music through a USB stick so why wont it accept it through the same input port via a USB lead from my PC, what's the difference, both are memory device's are'nt they ?

Giving that some thought, the amp play's music through a USB stick so why wont it accept it through the same input port via a USB lead from my PC, what's the difference, both are memory device's are'nt they ?

Yes but what comes out of your USB port on your computer is not the same as just putting music on to a USB stick and using that stick as an MP3 player. To be honest I would give it a go if it were my kit but if you do do not blame me if you blow the amp or your pc up. That amplifier is a car amp, or so it says, so whilst there may not be a jack socket input on it it must have an analogue input somewhere because, presumably, the car radio would connect to it via the radio speaker terminals and that would be an analogue output. It is a pity that those pictures cannot be zoomed so that we could see if there is an analogue input on it. Those pictures of your set up that you posted does not show that amp. How have you got your home rig connected to the amp?

Yes but what comes out of your USB port on your computer is not the same as just putting music on to a USB stick and using that stick as an MP3 player. To be honest I would give it a go if it were my kit but if you do do not blame me if you blow the amp or your pc up. That amplifier is a car amp, or so it says, so whilst there may not be a jack socket input on it it must have an analogue input somewhere because, presumably, the car radio would connect to it via the radio speaker terminals and that would be an analogue output. It is a pity that those pictures cannot be zoomed so that we could see if there is an analogue input on it. Those pictures of your set up that you posted does not show that amp. How have you got your home rig connected to the amp?

Thank's for the reply mate,the amp has an SD & USB input on the front, on the back are left & right speaker output's + 4 connector's for lose speaker cable's and a USB output. As ive said i am a total novice, but if i plug a USB stick into my laptop i can download music onto it in MP3 format,then plug that into the amp and it work's fine,why is that different than running a USB cable from the laptop to the amp ? it is designed to plug an MP3 player in so why would'nt the laptop work ? As you said it's worth a try, just as soon as i get a lead, :hide:and figure out how to convert Deezer into MP3 format and send it to the USB port.

Attachments

• Photo0473.jpg
    Photo0473.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 3
In the pictures I have seen, it looks like there is a pair of RCA jacks on the rear of the unit to the left of the speaker wire terminals that appear to be labeled as input. If that's the case, you need a cable that has a mini-headphone plug on one end and RCA plugs on the other end.

son288.jpg

You can try connecting your laptop via USB but I doubt it will work. It won't blow up anything but it won't work either.

The USB port on the unit is expecting to see a file system with files (mp3s) that it can open and play. You want the USB port on the unit to act as an audio input, which is totally different.

Last edited:
In the pictures I have seen, it looks like there is a pair of RCA jacks on the rear of the unit to the left of the speaker wire terminals that appear to be labeled as input. If that's the case, you need a cable that has a mini-headphone plug on one end and RCA plugs on the other end.

son288.jpg

You can try connecting your laptop via USB but I doubt it will work. It won't blow up anything but it won't work either.

The USB port on the unit is expecting to see a file system with files (mp3s) that it can open and play. You want the USB port on the unit to act as an audio input, which is totally different.

No it, hopefully, wont blow anything up I was just covering my ass LOL. Anyway that looks like an analogue audio input so that is where you would connect your output from the laptop earphone socket. Can you show that piccy a bit bigger because it looks like those sockets are labelled.

son288.jpg

You sir have spotted what i had just discovered, i thought those were speaker jack's,not Audio input, so that's brilliant i can use the laptop as a jukebox after all. Will the length of the cable affect the sound quality at all, i want them about 15ft long,are some cable's better than other's, and is it worth the extra money for a small set up like mine. I want to thank everyone for chipping in here,sorry for giving you all a bum steer on the input jack's, and i know where to come next time i need help. thank's a lot lad's. Mick.

Attachments

• Photo0646.jpg
    Photo0646.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 0
A shorter cable means less signal loss so better quality audio. I don't think you'll be able to hear the difference between 6ft and 15ft cables though especially since you're dealing with a relatively high level signal.

A shorter cable means less signal loss so better quality audio. I don't think you'll be able to hear the difference between 6ft and 15ft cables though especially since you're dealing with a relatively high level signal.
I almost said the same thing. AV is one thing that I used to dabble with when I was younger, and only noticed the difference in Hundreds of feet, not a few.

Back
Top Bottom