My nephew the sneak thief

Celery

Golden Master
Yep, I suspected as much. Several months ago I counted my change that I dumped in when I empty my pockets and keep in a cup in a locked drawer in my steel desk. A few months later I counted several dollars short from the last count. WTH?

I use the desk for my computer and it used to be my mom's work desk. They let her keep it when she retired. It's very old but still solid, heck it's steel.

Any way I counted the change a few weeks ago and recorded it secretly. Today I counted it and came up a few dollars short. Again? I also keep my Vicodin in the drawer and it seems I'm short a few as well. I might have been shorted before as well. Today I went got a hasp and a padlock and that should stop the SOB. Seems that the drawer lock was easy to pick because I did it. Silly me to trust it.

I live with my sis and my nephew moved in about a year ago because he separated with his wife. Now I'm onto that POS alcoholic. I wouldn't be surprised he's stealing from his mom too.

I hope his liver quit on him.

So here the pic of that old desk. I had it for years and it's seen many miles. :)

At least he didn't take my ammo. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Must be one hard up dude to fleece a few dollars & tablets.

An old trick I did years ago at work where I suspected some one getting into our locked lockers was to actually rub chilli on locks & handles, surprising how people rub their fingers & hands on their faces as this showed us who the culprit was when their skin turns red from burning, a good trick in catching thieves, a bloody good trick to play on an innocent victim.....:lol:

Yeah, that would be fun. My nephew makes $12.40/hr at his job. WTF he's stealing from me for?

Because he can? :whistling:

Sadly, thats how most addicts work. I would know, I am a recovering heroin addict ( Nearly 4 years sober... ).
You steal what you can get. It doesnt matter how much you make, its never enough. All dealers demand exact cash, so a few dollars here and there make a difference.

Its been almost a year sense I used Pot. Still do not miss that, but I have never, and will never go back to Heroin. Great while you are on it, until you get addicted. You learn to hate it, cannot stop, find help, and with luck plus enough dedication you never go back.

Not a sob story, just telling you about the mind set.

Good thing I didn't get that far. I drank and smoked pot but that's all behind me and it's been years.

I missed pot only because I like playing my guitar while stoned, I get inspirations. :cool:

Pot rules, and though most will disagree, its mostly harmless. It was not a gateway to other drugs, tobacco was. Pot plus counseling was my chance for decent freedom, and it did its job. I would smoke today if it where legal.

---------- Post added at 10:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 AM ----------

Sadly, thats how most addicts work. I would know, I am a recovering heroin addict ( Nearly 4 years sober... ).
You steal what you can get. It doesnt matter how much you make, its never enough. All dealers demand exact cash, so a few dollars here and there make a difference.

Its been almost a year sense I used Pot. Still do not miss that, but I have never, and will never go back to Heroin. Great while you are on it, until you get addicted. You learn to hate it, cannot stop, find help, and with luck plus enough dedication you never go back.

Too late to edit my post, so I will do it this way...

I might as well clarify. I will always miss pot. But never Heroin.

Last edited:

I'm so glad you got over it.

I really hate the reactionary Joe Bloggs, the public, who know nothing of heroin addiction. Myself, I have never touched any drugs - it's just something that has never interested me. But I have two cousins (both brothers) who's lives were/is absolutely ruined because of it - and they hate it. They have lost everything through it, and they have spilled their guts out to me. They felt/feel so guilty, so depressed, so hopeless, and are well aware of how it has/had destroyed their familys' live's - but no-one understands how powerful the addiciton is.

One of them, sadly, took his own life a couple of years ago, and left a note to his mother. It mostly contained an appology for all the heartbreak that he brought to her door, and that he couldn't live any longer as an addict. He was aware of all the harm, he had been in and out of rehab, and he was severely depressed over it all.

I don't know how it effects people, or if it is different for each individual - I'm ignorant of all that. But one thing I do understand is that 99% of addicts don't want to be an addict, and it's a very powerful thing that is very hard to move from, and in all cases they are still human and feel shame like anyone else would (at least they felt like this sober).

I absolutely applaud you Sir, and I wish you the very best and may you continue being sober! Drug addiction is something I wouldn't wish on my worse enemy, I have seen first hand its effects not only on the individual, but the family too. Yet you have overcome it. Hat's off to you too for being so open. People so often misunderstand addicts - it's often so much easier just to point, redicule, and isolate rather than trying to understand. I genuinely do hope you feel proud of yourself: it's a trap few experience, and even fewer escape from.

Ditto. We have a friend who came home from nam addicted to heroin. The nam is a nasty place to be and I can understand his usage to escape from the horrors of war. Now that he's home we got together to talk to him. We told him you gotta get off it man because we're not gonna let you destroy yourself. Just smoke some weed with us ok?

He did kick it. :)

If I thought he was stealing I would have confronted him & give final warning, smarten up or get out, you have to be firmed otherwise you will suffer.

The biggest problem you will have is your sister, she will probably only see good in him since he is her son.

Best of luck as you will certainly need it.

She saw the padlock and asked about it. I told her my money was coming up short, that's all I'm gonna say. I didn't say anything about the pills.

I guess my nephew saw it too and he avoided looking at me all day. Guilty conscious?

You bet. Wait til after new years day because I'm pulling the TV off the cable in the living room. Sorry sis I'm paying for it and I wanna save some money, in other words, screw the SOB. My bill went up $24 anyway as the promotions are over. It was a 3 way bundle (phone TV and net) and I'm gonna rebundle to phone and internet. I never watch TV anyway though I have it in my room too. I'm sick of the damn commercials, it's ridiculous.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom