Need some help

iPwn

..m.0,0.m..,
Hello everyone!

I've recently been put into an elevated role at my work and am struggling to find proper training on a few things. Here's the backstory:

Our previous DBA left (on bad terms) and his Junior DBA (now DBA) was moved into his role, and I filled in as Junior. While our DBA is very astute on many things SQL, we (collectively) have a limited understanding of replication. We know enough to get the job done, but sometime at the expense of much time. My employer is offering to send me to any replication training of my choosing... but I can't seem to find the right community to find classes.

Does anyone know of anywhere I can find a good training, seminar, class or 'boot camp' on MSSQL Server Replication?

NOTE: PLEASE DO NOT POST CRAP YOU FOUND BY GOOGLING... I've done that already! I'm looking for someone who may know of a firm that offers this kind of training, preferably in person.

I don't know how relavent this is, but I found that Microsoft runs an epic online virtual academy - aimed at anyone taking their examiniations.

I come mainly from a C++ and C backgound, and even then for microcontrollers - so I've never had to use the full features of those languages. For the last couple of months, I've been working on a huge C# project, for a desktop software application (A completely different ball game), and I found their video lectures are brilliant in covering all the basics and getting me up to scratch with going over to C# - it's replaced a Visual C# book I had - forgot the name of it.

Anyway, check it out. I'm pretty sure they'll be plenty of SQL stuff on there, and the videos/lectures are brilliant if, like me, you can soak up knowledge when it's served to you on a plate like this.

And the best bit is, being the tightarse that I am, is it's free!

Microsoft Virtual Academy – Free IT Training, Online Learning of Microsoft Technologies

Back
Top Bottom