Update on the Troll I was dealing with.

Draygoes

Fully Optimized
First, sorry to those who I offended with the cussing. I honestly was not thinking. (I am still wondering if we are allowed to censor cuss words when they are needed, like that troll cussing at me. I understand if not, as censoring does not change the meaning, but I thought that I would ask.)

Anyway, the troll left the conversation rather quickly after I still demanded an answer to my main question, which was why he was so angry at people of faith (Not just Christians.)

He also deleted all of his comments, so I did the same, and now the user has a clean comment thread again. A victory for sure.

I do occasionally deal with trolls like that, and would love to share the interactions here if allowed. However, I would much prefer not to break any more rules as I really do love this place and want very much to remain part of it. Any suggestions about the ones that cuss? Should I just replace the entire word with *bleep* or something? Most of their cussing has no importance to the sentence that they are using it in, so the words can be replaced with no trouble. (And yes, I did have a discussion with a mod about this already through PM, but not to the extent that I am now asking. Besides, I would like general opinion of all mods and users on the subject.)

Anyway, as I had discussed with the troll, I was messing with him for fun. He insisted that I had to keep telling him that to convince myself (wut?), but in reality, I was constantly repeating it to get on his nerves. A quick search through his G+ page showed that he makes a lot of hateful comments, but he was not lieing when he said that he was not trying to be a troll. He means his comments. Anyway, I got a friendly "thank you" from the OP, and she added me to her circles, which is something that I dont get a lot of people doing. So all went well.
To summorize, my end game was to annoy him into leaving so that the OP could get their comment out without being beraited for one line. If there is any sort of victory or "winning" in that, I guess that would be considered one.

I love messing with trolls. :D

I think I'm missing some context here. Do we have a troll here? Who is it? Did you offend anyone? What's a cuss? What's you blood type? (ignore the last one :D)

First, sorry to those who I offended with the cussing. I honestly was not thinking. (I am still wondering if we are allowed to censor cuss words when they are needed, like that troll cussing at me. I understand if not, as censoring does not change the meaning, but I thought that I would ask.)

Anyway, the troll left the conversation rather quickly after I still demanded an answer to my main question, which was why he was so angry at people of faith (Not just Christians.)

He also deleted all of his comments, so I did the same, and now the user has a clean comment thread again. A victory for sure.

I do occasionally deal with trolls like that, and would love to share the interactions here if allowed. However, I would much prefer not to break any more rules as I really do love this place and want very much to remain part of it. Any suggestions about the ones that cuss? Should I just replace the entire word with *bleep* or something? Most of their cussing has no importance to the sentence that they are using it in, so the words can be replaced with no trouble. (And yes, I did have a discussion with a mod about this already through PM, but not to the extent that I am now asking. Besides, I would like general opinion of all mods and users on the subject.)

Anyway, as I had discussed with the troll, I was messing with him for fun. He insisted that I had to keep telling him that to convince myself (wut?), but in reality, I was constantly repeating it to get on his nerves. A quick search through his G+ page showed that he makes a lot of hateful comments, but he was not lieing when he said that he was not trying to be a troll. He means his comments. Anyway, I got a friendly "thank you" from the OP, and she added me to her circles, which is something that I dont get a lot of people doing. So all went well.
To summorize, my end game was to annoy him into leaving so that the OP could get their comment out without being beraited for one line. If there is any sort of victory or "winning" in that, I guess that would be considered one.

I love messing with trolls. :D

I have no idea who you are talking about but your last comment in your post
I love messing with trolls.
concerns me as you seem to encourage trolling by acting like a troll.
To discourage trolling is best to ignore them, enough said.

That's true, but the problem is that we victims have feelings. Some of us can't take offense and be calm about it, so we do things to compensate for that. Some are good/acceptable and some are not. I personally joke around with them in a respectful manner until they stop trolling or the mods notice and do something about it. Yes, I do report if necessary.

If I don't do that, and due to my troubled nature, I draw back in psychology and have difficult days in my life.

To me, the real troll is the one that started trolling.

That's true, but the problem is that we victims have feelings. Some of us can't take offense and be calm about it, so we do things to compensate for that. Some are good/acceptable and some are not. I personally joke around with them in a respectful manner until they stop trolling or the mods notice and do something about it. Yes, I do report if necessary.

If I don't do that, and due to my troubled nature, I draw back in psychology and have difficult days in my life.

To me, the real troll is the one that started trolling.
Exactly. Some people cannot stand up for themselves, and deserve a chance for help. The person that I was helping is now quite happy.

Yeah, I once kept smiling at someone that the word "rude" is not even close enough to describe his choice of words and attitude. Believe it or not, he ended up apologizing.

I never feed the trolls but to defend another against a troll that'd be different.

And swearing, swearing proves nothing but lowers yourself to their level, you're better than that.

Also we gotta have thick hide (skin) to survive. never let anyone get your goat because their goal is to torment you, make you have a bad day.

None of that is going to happen to me. :lol:

Did you just say goat?

I know I'm a troll sometimes, but in a friendly way and I'd never be that kinda troll like the OP's.

Sorry to sound harsh, but when it comes to online things, you should not be taking offense to the extent that you can't keep calm about it.

The internet spans the globe, cultures, faiths (And lack thereof), and people are going to rub you the wrong way - it's inevitable.

You take it for what it is, a clash of opinion and what-not and move on. If this troll starts to do what trolls do, then you ignore. There has to be freedom of expression online, if you remove this, then the internet changes and for the worse at that. They have a right to the freedom of speech, and you have a right to be offended.

People that can be perceived, correctly or otherwise, as being bad also exist on the internet. It's a simple case of not to waste your time with it. If they are breaking the law, then inform the authorities, if not, then be realistic - you can do little about it. Don't waste your time, as it'll only serve to infuritate you longer.

A victory for sure
I love messing with trolls.
Be sure not to become a troll yourself. It's only the interwebs, not Operation Overlord.

DITTO!

I never let trolls bother me, but it does get upsetting when one messes with someone innocent at the level that this one did.
And dont worrie, I will not become the type of troll that I go after. During our entire conversation, I spoke calmly, never cursed, and watched as the guy slowly had a mental melt down and eventually even faded away.

Back
Top Bottom