Random Chit Chat

So my brother has decided to buy a laptop, At first he was going to buy a Chromebook and I told him that they are no good for what we likes which is playing some light games and general web browsing and he will be using it for studies so I told him to go for something running Windows as he can do so much more so he got the Toshiba L50-B05U for $400 I think and it has 4GB Ram, Intel Core i3 Haswell, 500GB HDD and Win 8.1.

So my brother has decided to buy a laptop, At first he was going to buy a Chromebook and I told him that they are no good for what we likes which is playing some light games and general web browsing and he will be using it for studies so I told him to go for something running Windows as he can do so much more so he got the Toshiba L50-B05U for $400 I think and it has 4GB Ram, Intel Core i3 Haswell, 500GB HDD and Win 8.1.
Not bad for the price. And 8.1 really is decent. Small agrivations can be fixed easily. :)

He said the salesperson was sa that it was reduced from $600 0r something like that..

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Computer Forums mobile app

So, found someone selling a gaming PC for 350$

Specs are:

CPU AMD FX4300 at 3.8GHz

Motherboard Asus M5A97 R2.0

Video Asus 260X 2GB DDR5 2 x DVI, HDMI and DP out

RAM 8GB DDR3

Hard Drive 1TB

DVD-RW, USB, Sound and Network Card

Power Supply Antec 650W

Anyone making any suggestions, what kinds of games it can run? I'm hoping to run:

Skyrim

Call of Duty

Far Cry 4

Payday 2

Bio shock Infinite

Please let me know how fast and/or if it can run those games!

All help is appreciated!

Thanks, Chayse.

Sent from my iPod touch using Computer Forums

Chayse247:
You will be able to run those games. don't expect max HD settings at 60 fps. Because that is out of it's league. That card is more like an up to date discount gaming card. It will get the job done, but only just. New AAA titles are not gonna run great on that card unless you reduce the graphics to around mid or less depending on how much of an fps enthusiast you are.

---------- Post added at 03:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:10 PM ----------

Is it just me or is this site often down?
Happened again today for about an hour.

Last edited:
Off Topic of the Off Topic...but

Does anyone here play Elite: Dangerous?

Trying to find people i know to play it with.
And didnt want to start a thread in the gaming section to see it not get any views.

If you are a fan of MMA, or any type of professional fighting, you will LOVE this...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciDAfhhSgns

Found here: Boxing kangaroos filmed having it out in suburban street

To make sure that the record is streight, I am an animal lover. These two where wild, and the fight was set up as a dominance thing between the two of them. Neither of them got seriously harmed, and it is cool to see two animals going at it the same way that human fighters would. Had this been set up by humans, I would completely disagree with it.

Back
Top Bottom