G-Mail Privacy

Wired Earp

Baseband Member
G-mail apparently reads your e-mails and generates ads from this. Is there a way to set it so it doesn't read your e-mails? I haven't been able to do this.

By G-mail you mean Google... And no, they don't "read" your email.
Google detects what you have been searching for on the internet. That way they learn your interests and gives you ads that are more suitable for you. You are gonna get ads no matter what (unless you install some kind of adblocker)
Tell me.. would you rather see an ad about cars or an ad about makeup... just asking.
If you are sick of ads, download chrome adblock.

By G-mail you mean Google... And no, they don't "read" your email.
Google detects what you have been searching for on the internet. That way they learn your interests and gives you ads that are more suitable for you. You are gonna get ads no matter what (unless you install some kind of adblocker)
Tell me.. would you rather see an ad about cars or an ad about makeup... just asking.
If you are sick of ads, download chrome adblock.

This ^^

Basically this what all websites like Google such as Facebook do. Just say I search cats a lot on Google, Google will then detect I have been searching cats a lot and find ads that relate to cats to show me. Also take a look at this https://support.google.com/ads/answer/2662850

It wasn't the ads in G-Mail that are really the problem because they're just banners--it's really the privacy issue. But apparently it doesn't read our e-mails after all, which is good to know. But it's still a privacy problem because they compile info on all our searches. That's why I usually use DDG but it's not as good as Google. Also, I tried Ad Blocker for You Tube but it didn't work. The ads on the Internet are even worse than on TV.

Anyways, thanks.

1: If you want to get rid of ads on youtube download adblock for chrome (i know that there are other addons for other browsers like FireFox. But i only use chrome)
So if you use chrome, go download this one: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/adblock/gighmmpiobklfepjocnamgkkbiglidom?hl=en

2:
If you are such a big fan of privacy, i guess the internet isn't a place for you... I am not trying to be a duch. But really, any service that you login to save some info about you. Some more than others. That's just how it is. So be careful not to give out information that are very privet.
Like now i say the following.... "I hate Jews".

Note, I Don't hate Jews. I am making an example (just watched southpark :) )
This post with that statement are now saved on the server that hosts this website for a long time. You see where i am going with this?

Last edited:
Biker Echo,

Websites have a privacy policy, n what you mentioned would be under anonymity so it wouldn't be a privacy problem, n the Internet is unavoidable anyways. It's really the search engines that track us n keep profiles on us that are the problem.

I'm not sure I want Google Chrome since I have IE n usually use DDG.

Back
Top Bottom