W Vista 32,64 ?

capecodbob

Solid State Member
Gray screen. Bios diag. says replace HD. I do not have back up disks. To get one I need to know if my NB is 32 or 64 .
Lable says 64X2 dual core. . Point me to the correct store please and thankyou. Bob. :confused:

Then it supports 64 bit OS'es.
Windows 7/8 64bit can be bought in any computer store. You can also find it online.

You could also get linux. If you don't use your computer to anything professional or gaming, linux could be a good free option. I recommend Ubuntu or Kubuntu.

If you have a license key on the side of the case, as a lot of retail computers do, there's no need to go out and buy discs.

I'm pretty sure you can download the orginal disc images from DigitalRiver, legally. Microsoft has allowed this now for a good number of years. I'll go looking... Otherwise I don't mind hosting them myself, but you'll have an awful wait (0.7mbps upload - wooohooo!)

Boom! Found an old tutorial with working links (For the US English 64bit version).

Vista ISO - Download and Create Installation DVD or USB

Go here and follow the tutorial. Bare in mind the information box at the top, it reads this:
Downloads are available for the 32 (X86) and 64 bit (X64) versions of Vista Ultimate only, in English, French and German, but if, during the install, you do not enter the product key when initially prompted for it then you will be asked to select the version of Vista you want to install. It can be any of these four:

Windows Vista Home Basic
Windows Vista Home Premium
Windows Vista Business
Windows Vista Ultimate

So if you don't have an ultimate key, don't insert a product key during install, and instead insert the one you do have once it's all installed.

You will need another working computer right enough, but as you're on here, I guess you've got access to one.

If you have a license key on the side of the case, as a lot of retail computers do, there's no need to go out and buy discs.

I'm pretty sure you can download the orginal disc images from DigitalRiver, legally. Microsoft has allowed this now for a good number of years. I'll go looking... Otherwise I don't mind hosting them myself, but you'll have an awful wait (0.7mbps upload - wooohooo!)

I don't think it works like that, one time i installed an ISO of Win 7 in one of my Desktops and put the Key that was on the Case and it did not work, i even called to activate and no deal.

I don't think it works like that, one time i installed an ISO of Win 7 in one of my Desktops and put the Key that was on the Case and it did not work, i even called to activate and no deal.

That can happen for a few reasons, the most common being trying to use a "home" version key on a "pro" install. The next most common is using a retail disk for an OEM key (was a bigger issue in the XP days)

What connchri suggested is something that I've personally done hundreds of time.

It should work if you've installed the correct version!

Thanks maybe i 'm not doing it right ? i downloaded the Win iso per instructions and it seems to be just a downloader, i'm trying to do iso on another machine on win7 because the machine that i want to try it has linux installed,
i typed all this see pic,but it won't make the iso,need some guidance,thanks

Thanks maybe i 'm not doing it right ? i downloaded the Win iso per instructions and it seems to be just a downloader, i'm trying to do iso on another machine on win7 because the machine that i want to try it has linux installed,

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    50.9 KB · Views: 5

Do i have to install Bootwim and install wim?

Back
Top Bottom