How Will You Spend Christmas & New Year?

BK_123

Golden Master
So how will the folks here be spending their Christmas & New Year. I will be spending it with my family, My day will start at home then at my grandparents for lunch then my other grandparents for dinner and stay the night. A bit after the New Year my Dad will be coming down from Darwin for a few weeks as I haven't seen him for 2 years so it shall be good..

Will spend Christmas Eve and Christmas day at home with my wife and kids, planning to fix a nice prime rib for dinner. At least one day we will travel to my sister's house to spend some time with her and her family.

For New Year's, we will be camping in the RV with some friends.

We've got things all spread out. Christmas Eve with my wife and kids. A few days later we'll go to my parents to see them and my sister & her fiance. A few days later we'll go to my in-laws and see my brother-in-law and his wife and kid.

No plans for New Years yet. We don't normally do anything for new years. It's never been a big deal for me.

Same as you guys, minus the kids part. Be spending it with the family, probably go to see my mom for the first time in a long time (She lives pretty far away), and hope that nobody yells this year. (Its not a large problem, but has happened before including last christmas, got ugly)

If I didnt live in the city I would spend new years the way I did before I moved into the city. Making pipe bombs because fireworks are fun and all but... :D
Yeah, you didnt hear that from me.

This Christmas will be spent with the family. My brother is cooking a nice ham for lunch. I can't wait cuz I love ham.

As for new years, probably spend it at home with the family. Last year my brother set off an M-80 outside and scared the crap out of everyone. This year I wonder what my brother has up his sleeve this year. :rolleyes:

Hosting the family - cooking dinner, cleaning up - then booting them out the door Asap (mother dear is a bit crazy, and likes her wine a bit too much).

Although, I'll probably be doing the driving, and they live 120 miles away :(.

On the whole, I'm not a very Christmassy person now - all the older generations have, unfortunately, kicked the bucket and it's never been the same. Hopefully that will change when the baby arrives and there's a new generation to look forward and get all excited about it.}

Bah Humbug...

By the time dinner time comes I am still full from lunch, I think like last year we may be having Turducken which Turkey, Chicken and Duck all in one Turducken - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. I too don't make a big deal out of New Years celebrations.

300px-Turducken_easter06.jpg

(mother dear is a bit crazy, and likes her wine a bit too much).

Although, I'll probably be doing the driving, and they live 120 miles away :(.

Mate, that f**king sucks. Hope you will have a good X-mas/Christmas anyway

On the whole, I'm not a very Christmassy person now - all the older generations have, unfortunately, kicked the bucket and it's never been the same. Hopefully that will change when the baby arrives and there's a new generation to look forward and get all excited about it.}
It will change. Don't worry. Just like my mom said. She got more excited about X-mas when she got her kids. (me and my 2 lovely sisters)

As for me:
I will celebrate X-mas with my mom, dad, grandmother, her boyfriend and my youngest sister.... yeah we are not gonna be that many this year (we are usually at least 10). so that sucks. But we are gonna make the best of it anyway. This year is the first X-mas that i have to celebrate without my "older younger" sister (or what ever the best term is. feel free to educate me). So that sucks as well. I have a feeling this X-mas is gonna be the most boring ever.... but it doesn't help being negative about it. Smile and the world smiles back, as my grandmother always said. :)

Yay! Started my Christmas break, yesterday was my last work day in 2014, don't have to go back to work until 1/5/2015! Let the festivities begin.

Back
Top Bottom