Is IE Browser Safe to Use Yet/Now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
IE has come a long way & I can say that it is safe to use. Although I am not a fan of IE I do use it sometimes. My main browser I use is Firefox. I'm very happy with this browser. Also alot of people like the Chrome browser, and have used it and liked it.

See, I use a lot of browsers as well, though my main browser is PailMoon (Its based on the FF source code.)

As stated above, if you wish to go for it, then please do. I dont use IE for much, but I do open it for development. It has more security than ever if you have update it. (This I have tested.) So if you are asking if it is safe to use, for the most part I say yes. The only problem is that because it is distributed as the main browser for Windows, and most people disable "User Account Control" which tells you about any program that needs admin privileges (Read: Any part of your computer), because it is not convienent to them. At the same time, with UAC enabled, and using the latest version of IE and keeping it updated, you should be fine.:)

It's as safe as any other. I think IE tends to get bad rep as often the users who decide to keep it are those who are naturally less tech-savvy, so are more inclined towards clicking dodgy links and not updating it!

It's as safe as any other. I think IE tends to get bad rep as often the users who decide to keep it are those who are naturally less tech-savvy, so are more inclined towards clicking dodgy links and not updating it!

A lot of less tech-savvy people wouldn't think to get alternative web browser since one is already included and ready to go. I've probably already said but I'll say it again, I like Chrome for its speed, reliability, simplicity and easy to use.

Use of any browser is a personal choice, they all have their pros & cons.
As far as I'm concerned MS IE is just as good as any other.

If Microsoft actually implemented features that Chrome & Firefox already have such as extensions it may be a good browser but there are far more better browsers than IE.

If Microsoft actually implemented features that Chrome & Firefox already have such as extensions it may be a good browser but there are far more better browsers than IE.

The question was not asked about features but if IE is safe to use, you do understand English!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom