Early Xmas gift

Celery

Golden Master
I went to Walmart to get some dog food and I went over to the $5 DVD bin when I noticed the Star Trek gift set on the rack. 4 Star Trek movies (I II III and IV) for $12.96. Been a long time I've seen these movies.

Well Merry Xmas to me from me. :lol:

Mmm... I love the eggnog but not alcohol. I don't drink. ;)
I completely understand. I cannot resist the powerful drink every now and then, but I do not drink a lot myself. And I too love eggnog.

I have been looking for an oscilloscope in a decent price range. So shopping around for something else, like you did, I found this: DSO Nano v3 - Pocket-size color digital oscilloscope [v3.0] ID: 468 - $99.95 : Adafruit Industries, Unique & fun DIY electronics and kits

My Christmas present to myself. Now if I could just get that purple trace off the screen...

I don't drink either.
Nice! Looks like fun to play with. :)

I have been looking for an oscilloscope in a decent price range. So shopping around for something else, like you did, I found this: DSO Nano v3 - Pocket-size color digital oscilloscope [v3.0] ID: 468 - $99.95 : Adafruit Industries, Unique & fun DIY electronics and kits

My Christmas present to myself. Now if I could just get that purple trace off the screen...

I don't drink either.
Did you buy it yet?

If not then are you looked by for a portable scope or just a scope that doesn't take up loads of space?

I don't drink either.
That thing looks sweet. Unfortunately, it brings back bad memories for me.

40 years ago, my wife bought me an Eico 460 O'scope for our 1st wedding anniversary. I set it up in my shop in the garage downstairs all ready to go. In the middle of the night we were awakened by someone pounding on the door yelling "Fire!". We ran outside and found that the garage next door to ours caught fire. That garage and ours shared a common wall so the heat and fire from the fire damaged everything in our garage. The CRT of my brand new scope was cracked from the heat, the front panel scorched black, front knobs and all internal wiring melted. I had never even gotten to use it other than to turn it on and verify that it functioned.

Eico460.gif

I'm another one that only drinks "virgin" eggnog.

Last edited:
I went to Walmart to get some dog food and I went over to the $5 DVD bin when I noticed the Star Trek gift set on the rack. 4 Star Trek movies (I II III and IV) for $12.96. Been a long time I've seen these movies.

Well Merry Xmas to me from me. :lol:

That's awesome man, I love Star trek. I am a big sci-fi nut so i love space movies.

---------- Post added at 10:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 PM ----------

That thing looks sweet. Unfortunately, it brings back bad memories for me.

40 years ago, my wife bought me an Eico 460 O'scope for our 1st wedding anniversary. I set it up in my shop in the garage downstairs all ready to go. In the middle of the night we were awakened by someone pounding on the door yelling "Fire!". We ran outside and found that the garage next door to ours caught fire. That garage and ours shared a common wall so the heat and fire from the fire damaged everything in our garage. The CRT of my brand new scope was cracked from the heat, the front panel scorched black, front knobs and all internal wiring melted. I had never even gotten to use it other than to turn it on and verify that it functioned.

I'm another one that only drinks "virgin" eggnog.

Strollin that really sux man, but it's a good thing to know you made it through the fire. I have to say that I had some close calls to death, so I know life is so precious.

Did you buy it yet?

If not then are you looked by for a portable scope or just a scope that doesn't take up loads of space?

Yeah I already have it. I just want to measure the PWM signal from the flight controller to the ESC's. On a level surface they should be the same or pretty close when throttling up. If not then the flight controller is having problems.

Back
Top Bottom