Request for simulation of life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omega1

Beta member
I would like to put out an announcement and a request to anyone who would like to work on making an extremely realistic virtual world, with a level of detail that has never been achieved before (to my knowledge).
This will likely be outrageously difficult due to the required level of detail and the extreme processing power required (by extreme I mean possibly needing an entire network for the processing alone).
My idea is to make a whole network of programs that can be separated into three categories:
- Server/Hub - Basically the world itself. This would need to simulate the fundamental forces and features such as physics.
- "Creatures" - The most important and complex part of the system. They would need to have the ability to simulate emotions and to think independently. Consider this: when a normal program is asked/told to make a decision, it is given a set of options, of which it will "choose" one. Whereas these "creatures", needing to simulate consciousness, will effectively "make" a decision, like people do.
- Interface - The interface will effectively be used as the connection between the server and the creatures. This will be in place so as to isolate the creatures from directly accessing the server and each other, effectively making them interact like they would if they were physical, living creatures, rather than just analysing other processes directly, and possibly acting like a hive mind.
Unfortunately, being only 15 years old, I have neither the resources, money, nor education to achieve this, which is why I have put out this request for any volunteers. If you know someone who may be either interested in and/or preferably have the skills required to work on this project, please let them know, and forward this message to them if necessary.
As a final few notes, and some encouragement: wether we achieve this goal or not, progress is still progress, and is a worthy achievement, and the only way to make an improvement is to first make a mistake.
You can contact me by email at omegalord8472@gmail.com

And this is your first post?

It would have perhaps been more useful if you had explained why you asked that question or given some advice or even some encouragement.

An extremely difficult task for him especially as he has no money or resources but encouragement would be helpful.

According to their icon, and their post, they are asking to recreate the universe from the TV show Digimon. Which plenty of games have been made for.
As for my reasoning behind what I said, is because this looks a lot like spam.

If you know someone who may be either interested in and/or preferably have the skills required to work on this project, please let them know, and forward this message to them if necessary.
As a final few notes, and some encouragement: wether we achieve this goal or not, progress is still progress, and is a worthy achievement, and the only way to make an improvement is to first make a mistake.
You can contact me by email at omegalord8472@gmail.com

Why would you include your email unless you are blanket posting on forums, and hoping for a reply?

According to their icon, and their post, they are asking to recreate the universe from the TV show Digimon. Which plenty of games have been made for.
As for my reasoning behind what I said, is because this looks a lot like spam.

Why would you include your email unless you are blanket posting on forums, and hoping for a reply?

If you think it is spam then report it to the mods who will decide how to deal with this post if warranted, I see no harm in the post.

Yes it could well be spam but on the other hand it just might be someone who is genuinely interested in doing this sort of thing. according to the OP he is 15 years old and, maybe, he isn't aware of the consequences of putting his email address up on a public forum. on the other hand he could well be aware of what he is doing.

I was (still am) a member of a virtual world that recently died the death. I joined that world (Wordsaway/Dreamscape) in 1995. During those years I made a lot of very good friends from all over the real world. They also helped me through some tough times over those years. Unfortunately the last owner was a complete idiot and allowed that world to fold. Luckily some enterprising young people have acquired the software, somehow, for that world to be reborn and I am now a member of the new virtual world. It is nothing like as big nor does it have the inworld resources that Dreamscape had but it a bit of virtual space where I can go and chat with my friends. I am in no way associated with the rebirth of Worldsaway and I wouldn't no how to start to rewrite the programming or how to get it back up on the web. But anyone who is genuinely interested in doing that sort of stuff deserves a bit of support IMO. Okay it may be a scam or spam but at this point we do not know that and a first answer to the post of only

"And this is your first post?"

was singularly unhelpful without some explanation as to why you made that comment.

Yes it could well be spam but on the other hand it just might be someone who is genuinely interested in doing this sort of thing. according to the OP he is 15 years old and, maybe, he isn't aware of the consequences of putting his email address up on a public forum. on the other hand he could well be aware of what he is doing.

I was (still am) a member of a virtual world that recently died the death. I joined that world (Wordsaway/Dreamscape) in 1995. During those years I made a lot of very good friends from all over the real world. They also helped me through some tough times over those years. Unfortunately the last owner was a complete idiot and allowed that world to fold. Luckily some enterprising young people have acquired the software, somehow, for that world to be reborn and I am now a member of the new virtual world. It is nothing like as big nor does it have the inworld resources that Dreamscape had but it a bit of virtual space where I can go and chat with my friends. I am in no way associated with the rebirth of Worldsaway and I wouldn't no how to start to rewrite the programming or how to get it back up on the web. But anyone who is genuinely interested in doing that sort of stuff deserves a bit of support IMO. Okay it may be a scam or spam but at this point we do not know that and a first answer to the post of only

"And this is your first post?"

was singularly unhelpful without some explanation as to why you made that comment.

That is fair, although it was not ment to be helpful I should have explained. For that I appoligise.

The OP's post has been reported for review, but you do make good points.
At this point I guess we leave it up to the mods.

OPs post was reviewed before it was ever made public. I'm the one who reviewed. The reason it was allowed was that he's offering his own personal email for some kind of project. It's not exactly spam, and it doesn't take traffic away from the site, per say. I doubt many, if any, will respond, but it's not hurting our traffic to allow his request.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom