re-installing OS

gib88

Baseband Member
Hello,

I have a computer--a Toshiba Satellite L450-02N--and I would like to do a fresh re-install of the OS (Windows 7 Home Premium). I don't have a CD or any external media. Is it possible to initiate a re-install from within the computer itself?

I should have asked this in the first post, sorry that I did not, but do you have a license key? This is important because the next step will be to show you where to get the images and how to turn your portable device into a bootable install drive.

You could download a windows7 Home ISO image and burn it to a CD.
It's properly easiest to do with torrents. (I know what some of you are thinking and no, if it's not pre-cracked and he has a valid key, it's not illegal)

According to the manual for the L450 I found on-line, you start out with the computer off, then press and hold the F8 key while you power the computer on which will bring you to the "Advanced Boot Options" menu where you select "Repair Your Computer" to access the recovery partition.

Draygoes said:
I should have asked this in the first post, sorry that I did not, but do you have a license key? This is important because the next step will be to show you where to get the images and how to turn your portable device into a bootable install drive.

Yes, I've got my license key.

strollin said:
According to the manual for the L450 I found on-line, you start out with the computer off, then press and hold the F8 key while you power the computer on which will bring you to the "Advanced Boot Options" menu where you select "Repair Your Computer" to access the recovery partition.

Thanks, I'll give this a try.

That should work actually. If it does not, then we can walk you through downloading an ISO image, and installing it using a flash drive.

Back
Top Bottom