Outside of introductions, lets get to know eachother...

Fried chicken, fish & chips, fried Twinkies & Mars bars all have a coating or batter that they are dipped in before frying. The coating absorbs the oil during frying and adds lots of calories and fat.

You got that right, when I 1st heard of fried Mars bars I had to try one.;)

Wow, this thread went from introducing yourself to turkey. :lol:

I'll play, I have nothing to hide. :angel:

I'm Bill and I'm 64. I was born in Milwaukee Wisconsin but lived most of my life in San Antonio Texas where I am now. I finished my grade school here. I dropped out of high school and went into trade school for auto mechanic. That's how I made my living but I went into automatic transmission as a specialty.

I am retired (thanks god). Back in 91 I went got my GED and got in college for computers because I like computers. I didn't like the classes required for this major so I dropped out and just work on computers at home. I've built all my computers.

I am not like those who go for the cutting edge computer technology but I buy the last year's tech (so to speak) as they are pennies on dollars. My PCs are more than enough for what I do with it. Like right now I'm running an i5 system (Ivy Bridge) and my previous system, a Sandy Bridge i3 is in the closet for keeps. I love computers and I'd like to keep up with the tech for knowledge.

I like reading but I don't care for fiction so I like reading real stuff like the news and techs in areas like mechanics, electronics, guns and computers just to name a few. Hell, I like reading manuals LOL. Anyway my shelves is full of Uncle John Bathroom Reader series which is full of interesting stuff to read about and covers practically everything.

Knowledge is power. ;)

I love to play my guitar, I have two custom made guitars, two amps which one is tube and the other SS bass. I have an Adrenalinn III box which is "Beat Synced Multi FX - Amp Modeling - Drum Box" Sweet pedal and loads of fun for jammin. I used to have a band back in the late 60s, The Brazen Men, and we played Surf Instro (instrumentals). I and my drummer friend stuck together for a long time, with members come and go. Sometimes there's just the two of us and I covered lead, rhythm and bass while my friend tear it up on his drums. Wish I could do it again, lots of fun.

Oh yeah, I never married and I had girlfriends who wanted to get serious but I got cold feet. I never wanted to get married because it makes me feel like I'm tied down and I don't like that. I rather have lady friends but lately that's getting rare as I'm getting pretty old and not interested.

So far, I never met miss Right, whoever that is. :angel:

I live with my sis and we own the house. Our living arrangement is 50-50 and we're both on SS (she's older than me and she's divorced). We get along quite well (I'm glad). We do whatever we want.

I like guns and I only have two because I don't like collecting but rather for home defense and I like to go to the range and shoot. I have an MP15 556 carbine and a Sig P250c 40sw. That's after I bought and sold my guns then I'm settled with these.

I kinda miss my HiPoint 40sw carbine though. :D

Thanks for sharing!
I enjoy guns myself. I would call it a hobby at best, but I have one you might be interested in seeing. A double barrel shot gun made by Winchester, is 26 years old, and has had no parts replaced. Its previous owner took such good care of it that it looks new. I will show you a pic when I get the chance.

Once I had a Mossberg 12 gauge shotgun, it was a Maverick 88 and I shot it once. I have a bad shoulder and that hurt. This is when I got rid of it and got a HiPoint 40sw carbine. I love that carbine. I wanted an AR15 for a long time that I traded it in along with my Sigma 9mm and got the MP15 in layaway at my local range.

So, what's with the privacy-phobia some of you worried about?

Is it really a problem in the west?
I cannot speak for everyone here, and I am not about to try, so I will only offer a theory. I am guessing that it is general paranoia of the internet, and its defiantly not isolated to just the west. However, people may have different reasons, and as such, I invite them to help you and I both understand this.

Once I had a Mossberg 12 gauge shotgun, it was a Maverick 88 and I shot it once. I have a bad shoulder and that hurt. This is when I got rid of it and got a HiPoint 40sw carbine. I love that carbine. I wanted an AR15 for a long time that I traded it in along with my Sigma 9mm and got the MP15 in layaway at my local range.
I love the Mossberg line! :D
Very reliable guns. They will go to hell and back with you, firing whatever you want to stuff into the barrel.
MP15's are nice. They do get the job done. It would be a perfect weapon for Cynthia, if she didnt already have one. Besides our Shotgun, we have a .22 rifle that she can fire easily. I still need to teach her how to shoot, but a .22 has very little learning curve, so I am pretty sure I could just take her to a range and let her play with it (under supervision and a small amount of correction), but I am pretty sure after just a few shots she would handle it well. Its not all that heavy, and she has 20/20 vision, so its perfect for her.

So, what's with the privacy-phobia some of you worried about?

Is it really a problem in the west?

Some people don't feel comfortable with sharing their life stories with people they don't really know. Some people are happy but others are not..

I cannot speak for everyone here, and I am not about to try, so I will only offer a theory. I am guessing that it is general paranoia of the internet, and its defiantly not isolated to just the west. However, people may have different reasons, and as such, I invite them to help you and I both understand this.

Some people don't feel comfortable with sharing their life stories with people they don't really know. Some people are happy but others are not..

Well, I think this thread is not about our critical life stuff, but rather things that make us simply know each other. We can always make it simple. I got the impression that just telling the real name is a dangerous thing. Maybe I'm being over sensitive here?

I don't wanna talk about my man-boobs for example :D but I don't see there is harm in telling my real name and how many siblings I have, for example.

You can tell that people are paranoid when they own guns for "protection". There may be people out there that do live someplace where they actually need a gun for protection but, in the majority of cases, it's not really needed. :whistling:

If someone on this thread gave out too much information, it might be possible to track them down and break into their house to kill them in their sleep. That's why they need to remain as anonymous as possible on the internet and own guns to protect themselves with. ;)

I hope the people who keep guns for protection or wish to keep their true identity a secret on the internet don't get upset at my remarks. It's for each person to decide whether or not they own a gun or how much information to give out about themselves on the internet. I'm not against owning guns, I just think the notion that they are needed for protection is a bit overblown. I also don't think anyone is out to get me so don't have a need to be extremely secretive about myself.

They say some people look at a glass and say it's half empty while others look at the same glass and say it's half full. I'm in the latter group, I tend to believe that bad things won't happen to me. Of course bad things happen to people everyday but, statistically, the odds are very small so, I tend not to worry about them. I've got other much more likely to happen things to worry about so don't waste time worrying about things that probably won't happen.

Speaking from the perspective of somebody from a country which has laws forbidding you to carry a handgun for protection etc, I can happily say that not having a gun in no way reduces the quality of my life. ;)

Back
Top Bottom