Is sending pictures to your email a good way to preserve them forever?

alucard10

Baseband Member
Is right clicking a picture from the internet then sending it to your self a good way to preserve the picture forever or will it just disappear out of your emails if its owner deletes it from the internet site you got it from? (from sites like facebook or photobucket).

Some pictures I copied and sent myself in emails only a few months ago have disappeared, wile other pictures I sent myself years ago seem to be permanently stored/etched/tattooed into my old mail section of my aol email. (even though the person has removed them or the site itself no longer exist and that was like 4 computers ago).

If you are imbedding an image from a remote host, then it will vanish when the remote host deletes it.
You want to save it in your email forever? Save it to your desktop, and send it to yourself via attachment.

Thanks, I will try it and let you know how it turns out.

(just in case I dont figer it out)
what are the steps for Saving it to your desktop, and sending it to yourself via attachment?

p.s.
the picture I sent myself from my cell phone should be safe regardless right?

Last edited:
Just save the picture to a folder on your device (in most browsers, you right-click and select "Save", "Save as" ect.), then upload it as an attachment to an email with your own email adress as the person to send it to.
There are better ways, but if you wish to focus on your email, then that is how you go about doing it.

Have you had a look at Dropbox? That is what I use, and it works very well. It will explain exactly how to use it when you install the software.

Saving it in your email seems a waste to me. As Draygoes said, just save it to a folder on your machine. If you do regular backups (everyone should) then make sure you back up that picture folder.

I have pictures in my pictures folder that I saved off the internet at least 15 years ago.

Like said look into using Dropbox, OneDrive or Google Drive, They are all pretty good backup solutions for your photos but I'd never back them up by sending to an email account..

Back
Top Bottom