Outside of introductions, lets get to know eachother...

Thank you guys for contributing. I feel like the better that we know eachother, the more friendly this place will be. (Not that it wasnt already. :) )

Hi! My name is Bruce and I'm a computer addict. :)

I'm 61 and married (41 years in 2 weeks) with 4 adult kids (3 still live at home).

I have a degree in Management and work for a large software company in the Silicon Valley as a software engineer.

I enjoy most everything about computers and technology (I'm a gadget freak) and my wife and I like to travel with our RV.

I will be frying our turkey in an oil-less turkey fryer tomorrow for Thanksgiving.

Last edited:
Hi! My name is Bruce and I'm a computer addict. :)

I'm 61 and married (41 years in 2 weeks) with 4 adult kids (3 still live at home).

I will be frying our turkey in an oil-less turkey fryer tomorrow for Thanksgiving.

Is it ok that I read that first line in the voice of the shark in "Finding Nemo"? :lol:

Congrats on 41 years man!!! And I do hope you have a wonderful Thanks Giving. :)

Hey Strollin, I have tried turkey fried in oil and man is it good. I've only tried it once but if I had a choice between fried in oil or baked I would choose fried in oil.

Notice I said "oil-less". I used to use one of those fryers with the peanut oil. Heating up gallons of oil to boiling and then lowering a turkey into it resulted in a great tasting turkey but the whole thing was pretty dangerous, messy and expensive. My new fryer doesn't use oil, claims it cooks via infrared. I don't care how it does it because it turns out great. Another thing, with the turkey fried in oil you had no drippings to use to make gravy. The oil-less fryer has a drawer at the bottom for you to put a pan in there to catch the drippings so we can have real gravy to pour over our mashed potatoes and stuffing.

Back
Top Bottom