Outside of introductions, lets get to know eachother...

Draygoes

Fully Optimized
This is a thread where I wish to try to get to know everyone, and explain more about myself then I did when I first signed up. If this ends up being a problem, then I have no issues with it being closed.

I have several reasons for creating this thread.
First, because I seem to have confused some people with the way that I type.
Second, because I wish to get to know everyone better at a deeper level.
Third, because I love this forum.

Ok, so now I will talk about myself a bit, to give everyone an idea of who I am.
My name is Jerry. I have a background in self defense (First Degree Black Belt in Judgitsu. Though I wish I could have gone further, it would have required travel expenses that I could not afford.) Due to what I was taught, I have a strong believe that you do not harm others (Mentally or physically), unless you are forced to defend yourself or others. If anyone wishes to discuss it, they can PM me.
I opened with that because of my main passion (Besides my Fiance Cynthia, but we will get to that in a moment...) which is malware removal, and defence aginst those who create it. For 14 (roughly) years, I have been removing malware, and tracking patterns. It is my passion because I cannot stand those who use what they have learned to harm others. I am not talking about simple "Play Virus's", those pranks are for kids. I am talking about those who wish to exploit others for their own gain, and do so actively. To me, those people are scum. When I was around 9(ish), I got infected with adware. I had no idea how to fight it. It was impossible to get rid of, and as a result, my mother sent my computer in for repairs. Those repairs cost my mother all of the software that was installed(They opted for a reinstall), plus the cost of the repairs.
I got interested after that. I wanted to know how that person/company did that to me and why. Long story short, and many removals and lots to learn, I finally got to where I am today.

About the way that I type. I have a very hard time convaying what I am thinking when typing. I have no idea why that is, but it ends up looking right to me, and yet others take it completely wrong. I simply cannot help that.

About Cynthia. She and I have been together sense we where both kids. 5th grade to be precise. I found out that she was the most picked on girl in school. I did not like that, as I had been picked on before changing schools (hence the self defense classes), and opted to become her friend. I found out quickly that she was getting attacked. Brutally. At first, there wasnt much that I could do. But as I soon learned, it was way more than just words. In highschool 9th grade, she was attacked by 5 guys! I couldnt believe it! By then she and I had been dating for quite some time, and I find out that she is attacked?!? I was so mad I could have punched a wall. However, I opted for intimadition instead. (I will refuse to go into details about that, as it is a horrible thing, and I do not wish to bring it up.)
We have been deeply in love, even though small things have happened between us, for the better part of when we met. She is everything to me, and I will never let anyone hurt her...

Enough about Cynthia and myself...
If you are willing to share, how did you get into computers? What do you love to do the most? Please share. I just spilled my heart out to you guys, I really dont want to be left standing by myself here... :flowers:

The point of the internet is to be anonymous. You can't show up here and over the course of just a few weeks spill your guts and expect everyone else to do the same.

The regulars here know enough about and we figure it out from tidbits in posts and stuff. Just stick around and you'll get to know everyone.

The point of the internet is to be anonymous. You can't show up here and over the course of just a few weeks spill your guts and expect everyone else to do the same.

The regulars here know enough about and we figure it out from tidbits in posts and stuff. Just stick around and you'll get to know everyone.
Well yah, I agree completely. But I have come to trust this place. :D

This ^^

I hope no one takes offence to this but I am not going to give out my personal info and life story to people I don't really know. Like Jmac said you piece the puzzle together about members over time..

Sorry if I came across as pushy. I figured that the fastest way to get to know everyone would be a post like this one. Again, I am sorry that it came across differently.

Sorry if I came across as pushy. I figured that the fastest way to get to know everyone would be a post like this one. Again, I am sorry that it came across differently.

Ehm... :D

My real name is #@%#$%#$ &#%@#$%... what do you expect? It's an Arabic name :D

No really, it is Abdulelah Ramadan. And that's not the known name Abdullah. And yeah, Ramadan is the name of the month we fast.

I'm 32 years old.

I come in second place after my older brother, followed by another brother then three sisters.

Single with no children (duh :D)

I love fishing, video games, sad slow and mood music and my car.

I'm kinda bald (look at my avatar) but not bold :D.

I hate football (soccer) and cooked vegetables.

Graduated with a social/education English degree after a I transferred from Chemistry.

:cool:

May as well have a go...

My name is Joe, won't say the last name, I'm not that trusting!
19 years old.

In my spare time I ride my motorbike (Honda Hornet 600) and fly private aircraft (Cessna 152s, Piper PA28s etc). I'm a software engineer for a multinational company, and am studying towards a computing degree alongside full-time work.

I have an identical twin brother (no he's not on here), and I also play the guitar!

Nice to meet you all :)

The point of the internet is to be anonymous.

I will dispute this comment, maybe on this forum I'm anonymous to you guys but on other forums I frequent this is not the case as I got to know quite a few members as if i have met them in person, this includes many people from overseas.
I think it depends on how you interact with people.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom